how in the world... (diamond problem)

Started by deadman1, September 18, 2009, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

... am I supposted to get to this diamond?  >:( I have tried everything in order to brake through the grass roof so I can get my grubby hands on it. It´s the one northeast of Taemoco mine.

[smg id=1422]

Ite really is a diamondcase there it´s just very hard to see in this picture.  ;)

edit: extended the subject so we don't wonder what in the world.. /Art

PZ

Where is it in the FC2 world deadman?  I don't recognize the location from the pic.

Art Blade

blow it up with a grenade - done :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on September 18, 2009, 02:51:00 PM
Where is it in the FC2 world deadman?  I don't recognize the location from the pic.

It´s right here:

[smg id=1433]

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on September 18, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

Tried that it doesn´t w@&k for some reason  ::)

Art Blade

I thought it was a different diamond, sorry. will take a look now tha I know the location :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I don't know that one - (probably why it doesn't look familiar) - am planning to do FC2 in Bowa in the morning on the PS3 so will look for it as well.  Will also do Art's pipeline technique on the console.

Art Blade

I was there now. Actually, it is the very diamond I thought it was. I used a M79 grenade and the stuff blew up, revealing the case in a depression on the ground.

fragger

I always use a hand grenade to get that one, but I think you have to try and make sure that the grenade actually lands on the covering stuff. If it lands to one side, even a little, it won't do the trick.
Just thought: maybe you could use an IED.

Art Blade

good advice, "make sure that the grenade actually lands on the covering stuff" - I think that is the key.

About that one IED... I would create a circle of five or more IEDs around that stuff and one in the middle right on top of that stuff. Get it covered and surrounded, then lob a hand grenade over at the art w@&k and enjoy the precious result  8) ;D

PZ

Your post brings up a question in my mind - will grenades or other weapons detonate IEDs?

Art Blade

yes. Even a dart can blow IEDs :) Plus fire (from burning cars...) and detonation (from cars...) hehe

PZ

That's excellent news have you experimented with how far you can go away from placed IEDs, then return to detonate via dart of some other firearm?  i.e., do the IEDs spawn away after you leave an area if you don't detonate them?

I didn't realize that other weapons would detonate the IEDs - this is going to open another whole way to play the game for me.  :-X

Art Blade

if you go too far away from those IEDs, they tend to disappear. Best thing for you to both test that and have fun is to go on ignoreplayer+godmode, go to Cock-Fights, and stick an IED to a lamp pole. Then make from there and find out from how far you can still see and hit that IED with your dart or dragunov. The fun part is the merc war that will ensue if you are successful :)

PZ

Good idea - will do that this afternoon, right after I play a little Wolfy  ;)

RedRaven

cool, had never tried to set off IED,s other than with the detonator, dont really stray too far from them as i like to witness the carnage ;)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Now I have to say it (hehe) - check the "(funny) tactics and tips" topic once in a while, I mean check again, because some of the stuff I read here on the boards that fascinate people ("never knew that...") is already in there :)

PZ

Thanks for the timely reminder - even though I went to the post and read it again (I'm sure I read it before), I still felt like I was reading it for the first time.  (I wonder if this is what Alzheimer's feels like  ;D)

Art Blade

Haha, you probably wouldn't even remember how it felt like  ;D

But yeah, I recommend reading that topic because its collection of tips is so huge. That's what the index is for, read the headlines of the tips and tactics and click any of them that doesn't ring a bell (any more) :) For me it's simpler, I do most of the stuff already, but even I read through that topic once in a while, and I too have those moments when I go "gee, I don't remember having read that reply" :) Funny how much stuff is in there, and how that topic developed.

Keep it up, peeps, anything you do that looks like a common approach or habitual game-in-a-game to you, that might be interesting news for someone else, so post it :)

KingRat

Quote from: deadman on September 18, 2009, 04:10:52 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on September 18, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

Tried that it doesn´t w@&k for some reason  ::)

That one and the one in the graveyard north of the Ranger Station I've always gotten using a 'nade...

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 19, 2009, 04:17:37 PM
if you go too far away from those IEDs, they tend to disappear. Best thing for you to both test that and have fun is to go on ignoreplayer+godmode, go to Cock-Fights, and stick an IED to a lamp pole. Then make from there and find out from how far you can still see and hit that IED with your dart or dragunov. The fun part is the merc war that will ensue if you are successful :)

I played with your method last night for a short while - long enough to realize that I have a new way to play through!  It was really cool to set an IED somewhere and then move off to detonate it with the dart.  In fact, I could move far enough away so that I could not see it any more, then move in closer so that it appeared.

I'm going to sneak in on easy (so I have 8 IEDs) and plant these things in strategic locations, then move to a sniper position and start having fun.  A great area to do this would be Sefapane, then climb the Church tower or the roof of the headquarters building.

Thanks for posting this tip!  :-X

Art Blade

FUN=OWG=FUN  ;D Welcome, enjoy :)

PZ

The next thing I want to try is sticking IEDs on every vehicle that the mercs are likely to use in an area or GP and then start some kind of trouble.  Then when they jump into their ATs, touch off the IEDs - should be one heck of a good laugh to hear their "arrrrrrggggssss"

Art Blade

I did something like that with an ATP. You know the Private Property? On the map to the west of PP is a place next to the road with a white AT, at some point mercs man it and drive away with it towards PP. Well, I managed to stick an IED to that AT, and snuck away, waiting for those mercs to depart in it. After they did, I waited until they were quite far away and remotely detonated the whole pack. Tremendous sound, and me? chuckling like a moron  ;D

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on September 19, 2009, 04:17:37 PM
if you go too far away from those IEDs, they tend to disappear.

I am actually in the middle of a playthrough where I have had an IED laying in the middle of the road behind Mike's in the north for about 2 game weeks!  It must be some kind of glitch, because I have tried shooting it, running it over with a jeep, etc - the thing is a total dud.  Every time I would go back for a new loadout, there it would be in the middle of the road.  I checked it before escaping to Bowa, there it still was, face down in the dirt with an assortment of holes from large caliber weapons fire in it.  Haven't been back north yet to see if it's still there yet, kind of doubt it but it would be funny if it was.   

Tags:
🡱 🡳