Remix music is often better than the original

Started by PZ, December 11, 2022, 08:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

From the movie "Unhinged", to me this better than the original Blue Oyster Cult version.

Unkle: Farewell

Dweller_Benthos

Never heard that version of Don't Fear The Reaper. A very different take on it for sure. I like it when someone takes a song and completely turns it around. The second one I'm not familiar with but it's a nice song for sure.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I did not like the B.O.C version, but I definitely enjoy how this group took the frantic pace down a notch.  The second song was one played at the end of one of the Yellowstone episodes (I think)

fragger

I got a "Video unavailable" message on the second video, but I was able to listen to the first one.

This is a nice rendition, but "Don't Fear The Reaper" was never one of my favourite BOC songs, to be honest. There were many other numbers of theirs which I liked a lot better. Still do, actually. They're one of the few rock bands from the 70s which I still like to listen to. I used to get into stuff like Black Sabbath and AC-DC and various other head-banger bands when I was a clueless teenager, but when I got to about my early-to-mid 20s, the repetitive crashing nature of that music abruptly paled on me. But BOC had finesse and polish, and were innovative. They encompassed a lot of different styles. They're still playing in fact, though with only two of the original band members, Eric Bloom and Donald Roeser. The others have either passed away or retired.

PZ

Probably that ridiculous "Not available in your area" problem unless they took it down a day or so ago.

When I hear my old favorites, I'm now searching for remixes  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳