Yellowstone

Started by PZ, December 11, 2022, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I really enjoy the series: Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Much of the music is also favorites.

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen this advertised but never watched it. I'm way behind on watching stuff, at this point I'll never get caught up and adding something new would compound the problem, LOL!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

I totally get that!  I like the Yellowstone series so much I have watched the first four seasons through at least half a dozen times.

fragger

I've seen a few scenes from Yellowstone on You Tube, looks like a pretty cool show. I like Kevin Costner.

It's only viewable in Oz on a local streaming service called "Stan". This is a actually a very good site which has quite an extensive selection, but I don't want to be forking out for too many streaming site memberships. There's always the option of buying a DVD set which is readily available from many retailers, but then I'll have more physical media to store and I might only watch it once.

Sometimes I miss the old DVD rental store. But then you ran the risk of renting disks which wouldn't play because careless idiots had scratched the daylights out of them :angry-new: I swear some of those people used them to play air hockey with.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 19, 2022, 01:35:08 AM
Sometimes I miss the old DVD rental store. But then you ran the risk of renting disks which wouldn't play because careless idiots had scratched the daylights out of them :angry-new: I swear some of those people used them to play air hockey with.

I'm still on the Netflix DVD rental plan, and get many of my old favorites. I also subscribe to Philo for $20/month and it has essentially everything available on DirecTv except for news and $p@rts, which I don't watch anyway. That cut my bill by 85% when I dropped the satellite tv.

fragger

I don't think we get a plan like that on Netflix Aus. Netflix Aus offers 4 plans: Basic (with ads), Basic (without ads), Standard and Premium. I'm on their "Premium" plan for $22.99 AUD (monthly), which is ad-free, offers HD and Ultra HD, and can be on up to 4 devices. It doesn't have a DVD rental plan, it's streaming only. Maybe that option is not cost-effective here or something. I know that Netflix Aus is not the same as Netflix US. Same company but not the same content - it has most titles in common, especially the big or most popular releases, but not all. Why it's like that I have no idea, maybe local licensing laws have something to do with it. Who knows. You'd think in this day and age it could be the same content no matter where you are in the world, but apparently it isn't.

PZ

Indeed - reminds me of YouTube restricting viewers depending on where they live. Seems lame to me.

Tags:
🡱 🡳