Fighting between factions

Started by Vaatho, February 23, 2016, 08:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Thanks guys - it has been so long I forgot all about Wobatt's tool - will give it a go the next time I'm in  :-X

PZ

PS:  anyone know how the tools w@&k?  does it take the existing patch.dat and parse it into xml files?  I'd hate to lost what I've modded so far - would take a bit of retraining to get up to speed again with all I did the first time around.

OWGKID

To open any patch.dat, click and drag it to Gibbed.Unpack.exe. ;) Open the "patch_unpack" (Rename it to "patch" so you can compile it back). Inside, locate a folder called "generated". Click and drag the "entitylibrarypatchoverride.fcb" on ConvertBinary.exe. Rename the "entitylib...converted" folder and the xml to their OG names.

To repack, drag the xml on ConvertBinary.exe and rename the "entity..._converted.fcb" back to its original name. Go to DataWin_32 and drag your "patch.dat" on Pack.exe. ENJOY!  :-D
LEGACY

Knightmare

This is a great find, Vaatho!

Quote from: Vaatho on March 06, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
That's already awesome, but there is more. You can actually add passengers into some cars; look at the code, and you'll see an empty passenger entry where you can paste an enemy archetype. Example:

Spoiler

<object type="Passengers">
          <object type="Passenger">
            <value name="archPassenger" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Red_Faction.ShotgunMan_Caucasian</value>
          </object>
            <value name="archPassenger" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Red_Faction.RocketMan_Caucasian</value>
          </object>
            <value name="archPassenger" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Red_Faction.Assault_Caucasian</value>
          </object>
So basically, instead of having two boring assault rifle dudes, you can now have a machine gunner, a rocketeer and a shotgunner in the same car for added variety and challenge. The weapons they are carrying are defined in gamesmodesconfig.xml, the part with all the probabilities and stuff (you know the one).

I tried this with the Assault truck (Patrols.Rover), and only two guys can ride in the truck.  The third one I added is left standing by the road, or the vehicle never starts moving and all of them just roam around on foot.  Same for adding a second passenger to the Jeep Wrangler.  The empty passenger entry is probably just a terminator for the passenger list, or something that's unsupported by the vehicle archetype.

The only vehicle that you can probably add more passengers to is the Jeep Liberty, as it has 3 passengers when used as an assasination target.  I'll find out if this works once I get to the south map (there are no patrols of this type in the north map).

Quote from: Vaatho on March 06, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
Now I wonder what'll happen if a convoy meets a patrol vehicle...

Patrols are removed by the game code when a convoy is active, so this is very unlikely to happen.

OWGKID

Hmm I have discovered the same problem as well, Knightmare. Upon adding a third passenger, vehicles spawned empty  ????
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳