Beautiful four seasons mod

Started by PZ, January 20, 2016, 05:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This one really transforms the eye candy.  Choice of the season is manual right now, but when the modding tools come out, it should be automatic season change.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/16/fallout-4-seasons-mod/

JRD

It certainly looks great.  :-X 8)

Does the mods in FO4 w@&k like the ones for FO3, i.e., you just unzip them into the .../Data folder and that's it?

I like when modding is made easy like that. I find it a bit annoying when I have to install modding kits and run codes that I change and then replace files in the original game data. The way it works in FO3 is very straightforward if you don't want to create mods yourself (or else you get the G.E.C.K).

I usually like my first playthrough to be vanilla to experience the game as the devs intended. That's when you can tell if a game is well balanced or not and how much effort was put into it. Modding to me is when I already finished the game but want to have some fun by changing the odds in my favor. FO3 being an exception. I started the game vanilla but I soon found out it was going to be a very long and frustrating first playthrough so I quickly added more weapons and changed the looks of it.  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

FO4 modding right now is in the "hack" stage mostly, as the official modding tools haven't been released, so, unfortunately, it's not just a matter of unzipping to the data folder. There are a few ini file changes that need to be made, but that's about it. The Nexus Mod Manager is a great way to install mods, and I think it takes care of the ini files, but I can't be sure, as I had done them manually before using the manager.

I'm running a few mods, because mostly it didn't take me long with the vanilla game to figure out some things were just stupid and I wanted them different.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yeah, it will be a while before we see mods that will be real game changers - the tools haven't been released.  I read somewhere that the developers did not want to release the tools until it was proven that the game is not crappy.

I've dine .ini file changes for minimal impact to the game, and will do the eye candy mods when they are proven.  However, I'm thinking about the weather change mod because it is so highly rated, and is basically the same mod that was developed for Skyrim which is essentially the same game engine.

The mod manager appears to be working good - it even downloads the mod in addition to installing it properly.

In FO3 I enjoyed the visuals, and weapons changes.  I also liked the player houses, some of which were really cool, and I'm looking forward to similar in this version of the game.

Right now I'm mostly doing console command changes like God mode.

Tags:
🡱 🡳