FO4 mod to change settlement under attack notification

Started by PZ, December 14, 2015, 06:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

That does look like a good one, I may install that, though I don't get attacks too often yet, only have the couple settlements and they are pretty sparse, so not a huge target.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

KingRat

:-X good one, might use that when I get back to my pc play.

mandru

Where I don't mod I'd rather see this implemented as an up date.  There's a lot of the notices that pop-up and vanish again while I'm engaged with something before I can read them and often a quick check of the PipBoy Data screen fails to let me what I've missed.

When I first started playing FO4 if you entered a Power Suit that was not pre-equipped with a fusion core the game mechanics would slap in a full 100% core (instead of a partially used core that I would want to run dry before starting the next) and your character would immediately mount up which even if you exited right away would leave you with a used core at 99%.  A recent update on the PC now still loads a full core but gives you a hard pause requiring another enter command.  This gives you a chance to make a Transfer with the suit to pull the full core back out and install any partially used cores in your inventory.  A development that made me very happy.  ;D

Another game update that I'd like to see is to add a glow or HUD marker for the dead bodies (at least those of my own making) as any outdoors combat situation rarely is 1 on 1.  I can't even guess how many Legendary targets I've killed (anticipating possible good loot) only to lose track of their location  amid the often lush ground covering the continuing scramble to fight off the rest of the group.

Actually this was also a wish for I had for FC4 where at the very least the animals I killed were marked but not the bodies of enemies carrying useful gear/ammo.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I had so many cores at 99 or 98% and it was maddening, so I installed a mod that lets you build a device that drains cores, stores the energy, and lets you fill up empty cores to 100% so you can get rid of all those partial cores. I only carry one partial core and then a couple full cores on me, the rest (over 200) are stored in a box somewhere.

I also installed a mod that highlights dead bodies that still have anything on them to loot. Comes in real handy, but yes, both of these should be in the vanilla game, along with more intelligent fusion core handling. Because, not only does it take a 100% core when you enter the armor, if you have some partial ones one you, it will still take a full core to replace the one that just drained, not the partial ones.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

🡱 🡳