Lets see...

Started by PZ, April 13, 2015, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

That is sad to hear Fragger. Did you submit a report at R* support? They really help sometimes. At least they look into it and give you a list of things you should try to get it sorted...

Maybe a resinstall is the best thing to do though... takes a bit but will probably solve the issue.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

are you using the shift key a lot?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: Binnatics on February 03, 2016, 05:22:15 AM
Maybe a resinstall is the best thing to do though... takes a bit but will probably solve the issue.  :-\\

Forgot to mention... you will be able to keep all your save games. They are kept away in, I think my documents. You should save them elsewhere and put them back into the folder once your game runs again. The game will of course make one new save. Look at the numbers in the file names. Otherwise there will be a double maybe. You should be able to get the rest there without trouble. I did it and it worked fine 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

same here, I recovered my saves from my old rig when setting up this one and didn't lose anything. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Let's see.. funny death postures. Came across this police officer today..  ??? :-()
[smg id=8561 type=preview align=center caption="funny posture 05"]

I also came across floor flood lights.  :-D
[smg id=8562 type=preview align=center caption="big shadow"]

foot prints. I just like that random moment of time. :)
[smg id=8563 type=preview align=center caption="foot prints"]

OWGKID

Looks like the carnivorous shoes has been at it again...  8-X :laugh:
LEGACY

Binnatics

Art Blade

fragger

:-D :-X

Quote from: Art Blade on February 03, 2016, 09:16:53 AM
are you using the shift key a lot?

No more than I was before the problem arose. I only hold it down with <move forward> to sprint.

I really don't want to reinstall. I really, really, really, don't want to, I really don't... I don't know if I'm crazy enough about the game to want to sacrifice another four and a half hours of my computing time reinstalling it. I'll think that will be a last resort measure, or as Denethor put it, "not to be used, unless at the uttermost end of need" :-()

In the meantime I'll look for some other answers and maybe get onto Rockstar about it. There may be some other cause entirely that has nothing to do with the game - I had a "Donk-donk" in the middle of a FC4 session last night too, but with no locking up of controls or anything. Once again, there was nothing else running that I could see. I'm thinking it might actually be something net-related or maybe there is in fact something running in the background that doesn't show up anywhere triggering it. I'll try flushing out my cache, cookies and history, and maybe try some different mouse settings in-game.

Funny how this seemed to start happening right after that GTA update though...

JRD

Silly guess here but, can it be driver related? Have you updated something on your OS or GPU? Maybe those Windows auto-update programs?

If you have a restore point you might be ble to undo whatever it is that is causing the issue. Unfortuntely this is not something people do on a regular basis so there's a chance a RP will launch you back too far in the past.....
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Fragger, is the sound you're hearing the disconnect USB device sound? Is your keyboard and/or mouse acting up where it's just getting disconnected for a few seconds? You can go to the sounds control panel and under the sounds tab, select "Device Disconnect" and play it, if that's the sound you're hearing, then something is causing a device to get disconnected (you think? lol). If that is the case, then it could be the mouse or keyboard acting up, getting ready to fail, being dirty, cable has been crimped and sending intermittent signal, connector either on the cable or the port on the computer is bad/dirty, or the drivers are acting up. I don't think the latest GTA update did anything, and since you say FC4 is doing it too, I would check along that route of inquiry. Since you say it happens most at intense action times in game, it may be your mouse is just getting ready to fail, has a button / wire loose or failing, or some other hardware related problem.

Try a different USB connector on the computer first, then w@&k your way up to replacing the mouse. Check the wire and connector for damage, though fixing stuff like that almost always isn't worth it, buying a new mouse is probably the best idea.

My guess anyway.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Looks like lots to try fragger.  I'd go into the device manager and see if there are any exclamation marks indicating a problem.  Then check out the video and audio drivers - you can see the driver date and if updated at the time of your failure, you can revert to the prior driver.

Like JRD mentioned - a restore point to just after you installed the game would be a life saver.

Binnatics

I agree on the idea of tying a restore point, but I think D_B is on to something. I was also thinking that the Donk donk sounds has to do something with a disconnected device. I remember the sound. Do as suggested with the mouse and who knows audio devices and see what happens. Probably the easiest and less time consuming stuff to try.
The fact that it happened on FC4 too is significant. Aight be the update having forces something that was about to happen anyway...

Damn I hope you get it sorted soon :-\\

fragger

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys :) :) Lots of good ideas here. This is such a great little community we have, you guys are stars 8)

D_B, you could be right, maybe my mouse is on its last legs. I have had it for quite a while (in fact my hand has worn the logo off the top of it :-()) and it was never exactly a top of the line one to start with. The more I think about it in fact, the more it seems likely. Got another donk-donk while I was using a 3D modelling program last night, so it's looking more and more like I was unfair to blame Rockstar even though it seems to happen a lot more frequently when I'm playing GTA. But that could be just the nature of the beast, the mouse does get more of a workout playing that game.

I might just get new mouse and be done with it, been thinking about replacing it anyway. If that helps, great, if it doesn't, I'll still have a nice new mouse :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

[smg id=8565 type=preview align=center caption="what? It's just a pink suit!"]

PZ

fragger

Looks like I owe Rockstar an apology, it was my mouse after all. I got a new one, prob solved. I'm glad I didn't lodge a ticket with them yet :-[

Funny how my mouse problem happened right when that update from R* came down though. Just an unfortunate coincidence, it seems.

Anyway, back to normal :-X

I finally collected all of the confession fragments, with help from the interactive map PZ linked us to, otherwise I wouldn't have found some of them (one was way out in the middle of the swamp south of the military base ???? There's no way in the world I would ever have found that one by myself, there's absolutely nothing else there). I then got to read the confession in its entirety. What a sicko... After that a new mini-mission for Franklin appeared - go visit the dirty rotter himself in the backyard of his house and after having a chat with him, choose to let him run away or give him his comeuppance. I wanted to waste the combed-over creep but it's difficult because he goes running off around the side of his house right after your dialogue and he gets out of your line of sight before you can pull a weapon out. The only time you can target him is for a couple of seconds out front of his house while he's jumping into his car prior to scarpering, and if you miss him, you'll have to quickly get into your own or some other vehicle, give chase, and nail him on the road. I'd saved just before I confronted him, which is just as well because he got away from me the first time (I still got a mission pass though. You still pass even if he gets away). Not satisfying enough - so I reloaded. This time I still missed him, but my car was right there so I jumped in and gave chase. Other drivers kept getting in the way and after a wild, lengthy chase, with much banging into of walls, trees, other cars and one rather crabby motorcyclist, I lost him again. Reload... this time I parked my car right in front of his, blocking the road, thinking I'd prevent him from bolting. Nope - when I ran out after him to the front of his house, my car had been thoughtfully moved out of his way and neatly parked across the road. He took off again, and I lost him again. Fourth time lucky - I tagged him before he could get very far down the road. He slipped out of his car for a bite of asphalt. So I got in my car, drove over his psychotic butt, stopped down the road a bit, ran back, kicked his body in the cojones (that was for you, Leonora) and C-4'ed his car. Now that was satisfying >:D

Binnatics

Very well done :) :-X

I also had a couple of tries before I nailed him finally, he is a good escaper ^-^

Glad you are back in

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on January 29, 2016, 09:08:07 PMthe car Abigail leaves behind in the car park, The Declasse Asea Sedan, is in fact the rarest car in the SP game

It isn't exactly common online, either, but it definitely isn't a rare car online. However, I didn't know it (maybe because it is somewhat nondescript) so I went looking for it. Found one and tuned it at the mod shop (LS Customs) and it turns into a nice little four-door front drive car. :) Erm, it's the red sticker bomb one in front. Not the yellow one in the back. :-()

[smg id=8582 type=preview align=center caption="Declasse Asea"]

Here the lowrider version of it. :-D
[smg id=8583 type=preview align=center caption="Declasse Asea 2"]

fragger

The sticker-bomb paint scheme is rather busy :-() I had a look at that but I didn't like it.

Regarding that mission to whack the serial killer, I looked it up on the net and apparently you can shoot the tyres of his car before you confront him and he can't drive away, he can only run. I forgot to mention that in one of my failed attempts I'd planted a sticky-bomb on his car before I went into the yard, but it disappeared after the dialogue with him so I couldn't set it off. Since trying to block his car in with mine hadn't worked either, I'd actually thought about shooting the tyres but since the other things I'd tried had been reset after the dialogue, I just assumed the tyres would re-inflate or something so I didn't bother. Damn, it would have worked :D Oh well.

Something else new took place for me a few days ago. I got in a fight with some guys on the street - well, I provoked them into doing the pushing thing by standing too close to them and they went all potty-mouthed shoving-around tough guy on me, so I decided to give them an elocution lesson (and one of them coughed up an involuntary $17 tuition fee). But someone called the police and I had to go on the run temporarily with a one-star wanted level hanging over me. I found a good obscure corner to hide in until the ruckus died down, and when I came out there were two squad cars left in the middle of the road with the doors wide open and no cops in sight. So I helped myself to one of them.

This wasn't the first time I'd nicked a police car, but it was the first time I'd nicked one and had the siren automatically come on. So I took off and had a great time roaring all around the streets with the siren blaring and watching everybody getting out of the way :-() Some pulled over to the kerb and others just stopped where they were. I went like a bat out of hell all around the place (those cop cruisers are pretty souped up) causing everybody to pull over or stop >:D During this, a mission popped up from one of my businesses (Pitchers Bar) telling me that some hoods had stolen the takings and I had to go after them and get the money back. So I was able to do it in the cop car with the siren wailing, and all the traffic obligingly got out of my way while I was chasing the bad guys. Easiest car chase I've had so far 8).

Art Blade

OWGKID

Nice story fragger  :-D
LEGACY

OWGKID

Started a new GTA V playthrough with AB's trainer (not created by OWG's AB ;)) Went on a strip club rampage  :-D :laugh:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
BURN BURN BURN! >:D >:D

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Anybody here who wants a fried chick for dinner?  >:D >:D
LEGACY

Binnatics

Ah so that's how they do it...

Sorry GKID, but after too much online bullshit I've become to hate these trainers :angry-new:

Tags:
🡱 🡳