FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

DKM2

I'm starting to hate dogs, they're everywhere, damn! Leash Law people!

Anyways, started up FC3 this morning, quick equipment check, I'm pumped, lets do it, and out the
door of the safe house I go.. Son of a...TIGER... game over 'loading'
:D I can't win.
And there's not even an achievement for quickest death. Its not fair.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

:-D

Reminds me of that bear sitting right outside the safehouse in front of the door, roaring. I could virtually feel him breathe through the gap between door and frame.. I opted for a fast travel elsewhere  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: DKM2 on December 29, 2012, 10:12:01 AM
... Son of a...TIGER... game over 'loading'

I can compare to that :D :laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

FIRE!! everyone get out and take cover behind that car! :laugh:
[smg id=5222 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0031"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru  on December 27, 2012, 07:47:50 AMman, I still wish a manta would have soared through

Here ya go :)

[smg id=5225 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 29 00029"]

Binnatics

Great shot!! I've only seen then once :-X :)

Art Blade

Thanks :) I keep seeing them basically every time I go for a swim. Here another pic (check date in caption) :)

[smg id=5226 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 01 00020"]

JRD

Quote from: fragger on December 28, 2012, 11:24:29 PM
I like some of the nutty stuff you find in loot chests - dolls' heads, ripped teddy bears, rusty trombones, old dog meat, someone's keys, traffic cones - and the nuttiest thing of all - pink handcuffs.

What's even crazier is that you can sell this junk and get money for it ????

Oh yeah? So check this out, fragger!!  ???

"A picture of a naked dwarf, laughing and pointing at the camera. And he's not using his fingers"

[smg id=5227]

I sold it for $1,00  :laugh:
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

:laugh:

I'm surprised you didn't have to pay someone to take it away ???

Jim di Griz

Quote from: JRD on December 29, 2012, 06:58:19 PM
..."A picture of a naked dwarf, laughing and pointing at the camera. And he's not using his fingers"...

I had a tiger prowling outside my safe house DKM2 - I used the force to influence a jeep-load of locals into stopping to investigate  ;)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Quote from: fragger on December 29, 2012, 10:00:07 PM

I'm surprised you didn't have to pay someone to take it away ???

I can't remember where I found that picture but if it was on a pirate's dead body then he deserved the bullet that got him!  >:D

fragger

mandru

I guess Dwarfs haven't learned it's not polite to point.  ????

Good pics of the mantas Art.  :)  But there's something about actually being there in the water as one glides past that I don't think can be captured in a screenie.

Almost every time I'm boating around out on the ocean I see the mantas rolling and playing. Very often I spot them in groups.  I think the animation for them is really good and I enjoy having them in the water around me.

I once had a manta come up and give the boat a good solid bump while I was trying to line up a shot to take out a pirate onshore giving me quite a start.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Have you seen how big those things are? I was up a bit of a bluff when I saw one swim under one of those Zodiac-type boats and it was bigger than it. It's head emerged from under one side of the boat before its tail had gone under the other side ???

Art Blade

Indeed, they're too big to fit between regular sandwich slices without cutting off some bits.

fragger

:-D That's cool, you can use those bits in a side salad.

Art Blade

:-D Yeah, that's where I throw in all tentacles of those jellyfish, too.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2012, 01:02:38 PMSeriously, I think you had some rabid dogs or dingos there that didn't belong to the outpost. The guard dogs look like bull dogs and I believe they wear a dog collar, and I don't think I've seen more than three in an outpost and they never attacked their masters. I wish they did  :)

Now I have. "AM 12" had SIX watchdogs with collars!! But they didn't attack their masters.

[smg id=5245 type=preview align=center caption="2013 01 01 00001"]

fragger

I liberated that one last night with the help of some Komodo Dragons which took out four of the dogs and two bad guys :-X

Jim di Griz

Doing more local co-op last night, I scattered some C4 on the road for the ambush the convoy mission. Having done this a few times, I found it an effective way of taking out the first two jeeps - mind you, the AI are impressive enough to chang their tactics  :-X

The funny thing was when doing this for the fifth time, after blowing up the first, I caught the second jeep perfectly as it tried to speed through the ambush - trouble was it flew up through the air and killed me in a swipe flyby  ^-^ it was amusing...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

:-D I love it when they literally go ballistic  :-()

Jim di Griz

:) and that one did - it must have flown thirty or more metres with imparted velocity...and all I could do was watch it with fatalistic fascination as my head worked out that its trajectory arc would bisect where I was stood.

Art Blade

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 22, 2012, 01:02:38 PM
The guard dogs look like bull dogs and I believe they wear a dog collar, and I don't think I've seen more than three in an outpost and they never attacked their masters. I wish they did  :)

Oh they do...  ^-^

Quote from: JRD on December 22, 2012, 12:45:29 PM
I was scouting an outpost on the northern part of the northern island (  ???? ), the one where you get the Hunter mission to kill a yellow necked cassowary. I approached the outpost by sea and had to go up the trail to get there. I killed a couple pirates patrolling the trail and saw one pirate guarding the north entrance to the post when I heard him screaming and the sound of dogs attacking and ripping flesh and the pirate tag dissapeared... I could see his outline disappearing too.

I went around the fence and checked the south entrance... clear... so I walked in to try to stab my way to the alarm and get my 1550XP when I saw one guard dog coming back from the north gate. I shot it with my Shredder before it could see me and make me lose my XP. Another dog came from the same direction... another silent kill... then another one, another one and another one... Outpost liberated!!!

AN outpost guarded almost exclusively by dogs... and they attacked the single pirate there and came back in so I could pick them one by one and clear the area!!!  8)

Tags:
🡱 🡳