FC2 Realistic Weapons Pack 1.0

Realistic Weapons Pack 1.0.zip
Filesize: 8.19MB  Views: (494)  Downloads (75)  Last Download: May 16, 2024, 04:54:52 AM 
Previous Download | Next Download
Description: I am proud to present my latest creative w@&k...

Far Cry 2's Realistic Weapons Pack 1.0

Install instructions: Extract the .zip folder to anywhere you want. Take the patch.fat and patch.dat files, place them in your DataWin32 folder inside your Far Cry 2 directory and overwrite what's in there (save a backup!)

What you need: Far Cry 2 patch 1.03.

Note: This mod was built on a hybrid Steam-Retail version of FC2. It will definitely w@&k on the steam version, not sure about the retail, give me some feedback.

The aim of this mod is to add variety and realism, and create an overall more satisfying experience. Although I have not put everything I wanted to into effect yet, there are general patterns I am going for, and I hope you will see. Here are some general notes on what's different. You can find the full list of specific changes of this release in the "FC2 Changelog" document in the download. You can also see some of the primitive ballistics calculations and notes I made to figure out some of the changes to make.

1. Weapons are generally much more deadly. Due to the unethical nature of the conflict in FC2, the weapons are assumed to be using a range of ammunition - from military match standard to dirt-cheap civilian stuff. In addition the laws of war do not apply - a good number of weapons were probably originally hunting rifles and so use hollow-point ammunition, traditionally outlawed in war. What does this mean? Well...

2. Big calibers like the Russian 7.62x54R are often one shot kills. Small calibers, like the 9x18mm Makarov and the 9mm Parabellum maintain their damage, or are in some cases increased for either balance or realism. (But the AS50's .50 caliber BMG is still overkill.)

3. Weapons are much more varied. You will see mercs using weapons they do not in the stock game, and you will see all weapons at an earlier stage. All pistols, for instance, are found at all times, in varying quantities throughout the game world.

4. Weapon stats have been rebalanced so that all weapons are a viable choice. You want a mid-range, high capacity, high power rifle? FAL. Fully automatic streetsweeper? M16. High power, high ROF CQC weapon? G3.

The pistols are similar - the Makarovs are high reliability, high accuracy, high capacity, long range, low recoil. The .45 is medium recoil, medium power, low range, low accuracy. Desert Eagle is ridiculously high powered, very accurate, but pays for it in nearly unusable recoil and low magazine capacity, as it is in real life. For this reason, though you will find them occasionally, few mercs carry them, as the Desert Eagle is not a practical combat weapon and is more of a trophy.

5. (Not entirely implemented yet) The world does not wait for you to buy weapons to get them. This country has been at war for years, weapons have been pouring in. At the beginning of the game, the Jackal and the lieutenant you fell in with took your papers and identity - you can't get the expensive weapons you thought you would have. The warlords, however, have connections, and have been at this a lot longer. Nearly from the start of the game enemies will be using any weapons they can get their hands on - whether that's the best or the worst in the game.

6. For this reason (and this is implemented somewhat) you may find your best weapons come from dead enemies, not the shop.

7. Magazine capacities have been rebalanced according to what you see in the game - if it looks like it has only 20 round magazine, it now does. Some shotguns only have four (4) shells per magazine, but the USAS12 has 20. The point here is to smooth out some of the rough edges of the game. Fortunately, magazine capacities and the other traits of the guns pretty much naturally balance themselves out in real life as well, so again, all weapons are viable.

8. Accuracy has been tweaked to fit real steel values using mid to high-grade ammunition. For most guns, this means a lot more accuracy. For sniper rifles, this means a lot less, no more laser bullets.

9. Recoil is generally higher than the stock game. Recoil is one factor in weapon balancing that has quite a bit of leeway before it becomes unrealistic, but I've tried to keep as close as possible to real steel values without making some weapons clearly superior to others.

10. There are a few weapons that, because of these changes, are now completely, ridiculously overpowered. The MGL140, for instance, can fire as fast as the cylinder turns and has a 6-shell capacity. One salvo from this weapon can wipe out whole merc compounds in seconds. This may or may not be fun, depending on how you play - but it's pretty realistic, the MGL140 is a nasty weapon in real life.

11. For the most realistic experience, play this mod on Infamous. As the difficulty level goes lower, it will feel more and more arcadish, and it will quickly become extremely easy because of the player's huge health reserve in comparison to his enemies.

And that's it. Questions and suggestions are welcome.

Still in the works:
-Figure out how to mod the DLC weapons
-Merc spawn rate too high, need to lower it somehow
-Increase range of flamethrower
-Balancing w@&k on damage, accuracy, and especially recoil, is always ongoing
-Increase variety of weapons among mercs, fix some spawning bugs

Thanks go to:
-Gibbed, for his modding tools
-chiconspiracy, for his w@&k on the weapons22 file
-Rhynder, for his w@&k in gamemodesconfig
-Knightmare, for his w@&k in hexadecimal code
-nexor, for being my encouragement, tester, forum gofer, and all around supporter
-PZ, and Art Blade, for building and maintaining this community
-Anyone else I ever asked anything of while modding FC2, remind me who you are

Copyright crap: Don't use this in a video, etc, without giving me credit, modify what you want on your own but don't release it as your property. Ask for my permission if you want to build and release your own mod off of this.

Enjoy!  :-X
Keywords: far cry 2 fc2 weapons realistic fun mod change modify guns power recoil overhaul 
Posted by: TheFishlord March 13, 2012, 04:52:55 PM

Rating: ***** by 1 members.

Linking Codes
Direct Link

Comments

PZ
Sir Cookalot
Admin
Explorer
Offline Posts: 16,541

March 13, 2012, 07:41:58 PM
Excellent mod - the weapons are far more realistic than the vanilla game.  I really like the weapons I've used so far, albeit only a few - the AR-15 is full auto now, and the recoil seems really realistic.

Add Comment

Comment: 
Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.