Amphibia S test

Started by Binnatics, June 06, 2014, 07:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

[smg id=7074] Title II AWC TM-Amphibian 'S' integrally-suppressed variant used by U.S. Navy SEALs
[smg id=7075] DayZ Amphibia S

Dear fellow Cherno-dwellers,

I finally found an Amphibia S with 2 working clips plus enough ammo, which makes me happy because I want to test the gun.  :)
Can't do that alone, because the most important testing result is how far the noise travels. I know now, that unaware zombies in the vicinity will most likely not hear the sound of the gun firing, and I found out that at close range the guns is very precise. I have the idea it's a lot more precise than other handguns.
I now want to test if the noise of a shot travels far enough to alert nearby human players. The noise is like a soft, metal tick and it seems to produce a rolling echo far away. Let me know if you want to test it out. We can fire guns by comparison at a variety of ranges and see the results.
I am currently at the beach, close to you know which airstrip ^-^ Will be online tonight 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

its going to be a long run again to your location.

Binnatics

Better meet where you are. I think the south is a bit too populated to test around :-D

I'll head North, actually I think the best location to test is in the Northern area above Devil's Castle. There it usually is quiet, even without annoying zombies  8)

I arrived at the Northern airstrip. It was quiet online. At the end I was alone on the server. Had some happy looting there ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

"sounds" interesting  :-D

I recommend firing a normal weapon first to make sure your partner actually hears that because more than once there have been sound glitches as in no sounds could be heard despite a weapon going off almost next to me. I also realised that ambient sounds (zombies hollering) make a suppressed pistol sound much more silent than it actually is because without ambient sounds, the amphibia made a lot more noise than I thought it would. A normal suppressed FNX and CR75 can be heard perhaps 20m from what I recall and that range seems not always to be the same. I have one event in mind when Abletile was perhaps 10m to my left and behind while I performed a headshot from behind on an idle zombie and I thought it was loud while Abletile didn't hear it. Then I recall having heard you guys firing at zombies at the tent town and you were likely farther away than just 20m.

You should test stuff like that, maybe you can tell different outcomes. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

We should indeed perform multiple tests with different players and areas. All I know is that the Amphibia sounds like a breeze where an FNX or suppressed M4 still sounds like thunder when shot by myself. I know that zombies usually don't respond to the Amphibia, while on the Airfield, where sound carries farther than usual, they got alerted from far away. That can also be due to my running around, so best is indeed to test multiple guns in a variety of ranges and see what it sounds like to possible opponents. That's merely what it's all about; staying undetected by any human presence ;)

I don't hear any difference, by the way, when an FNX or an M4 are suppressed. To myself it still sounds the same.

Art Blade

the zombies have something like 400% eyesight so they actually see you rather than hear you on airfields, from several hundred meters away. Unbelievable, sometimes.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

In the newer versions of stable alpha releases I hadn't been able to find a single Amphibia. I did find a 10 round clip for it once, and kept it safe in my tent, but no gun. Last night I finally found a helicopter crash site, and there I found one on the ground. It makes sense; it's US material, and all that stuff is now bound to the crash sites. Now that I have another Amphibia in possession, I might be able to test it finally. But I'm also curious for the release of 0.52 stable, which is about to be released. Then the suppressors are being re-introduced, and they ought to be working this time ;D

Art Blade

nothing worse than a stealth approach at night with a silenced weapon inside an enemy-infested area only to realise it wasn't silenced when the first shot's bang made your teeth rattle and wake up the entire area and along with that realisation, a thousand bloodshot eyes start to stare at you  :-()

Binnatics

???... ???... :o!!!

+1 :-X for that phrase Art!

PZ

:laugh:  :-X

+1 from me as well!

Art Blade

thanks, guys  :-()

It actually happened to me when playing STALKER. It wasn't a thousand eyes though but it felt like it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳