Cheeseburger pizza

Started by PZ, December 21, 2015, 09:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Had the kids over yesterday - our youngest's fiancee has a 7-year old boy so we thought to make the new pizza for the first time.  Ground a pot roast to make regular burgers and for a pizza topping.

The ground beef was fried, then a bit of mozzarella was sprinkled onto the pizza base.  Ground meat (seasoned with salt and pepper) topped the cheese, then sharp yellow cheese on the beef.  Offered it to the boy and he declined, but was told that was our dinner so he reluctantly tried it.

He ended up eating non-stop for the rest of the evening, and the cheeseburger pizza was his favorite.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Sounds pretty good, though I generally don't like beef on pizza for some reason.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:) Sounds really nice PZ. When I first saw the title of your post I thought maybe MacDonald's and Pizza Hut had banded together :-()

I love a good pizza from time to time, especially a home-made one. I never, ever buy one from Domino's, Pizza Hut or any of those mass-produced places. And as for frozen pizza - no way Jose...

A new pizza business recently opened in my town (actually just outside it) and they make their pizzas for delivery only, around the local area. I had one with "everything" on it the other night and it was superb, one of the best pizzas I've ever had. It's a small family business and they make their pizzas in a couple of pizza ovens much like the one you built for yourself PZ. It's almost like a glorified hobby for them, they're a couple of relatively young retirees and they don't rely solely on this business for their livelihood so they take a lot of care with their pizzas. They'll definitely be getting more of my business in the future :-X

Would you believe you can actually get a "roo pizza" from a restaurant in Sydney? I've never tried one but they're highly lauded (there's a large country town in rural NSW called Bathurst and they have a restaurant where they do a "roo and croc" pizza - yep, that's kangaroo and crocodile meat. I haven't tried it but apparently it's excellent). Kangaroo meat is actually very healthy as it has almost zero fat in it. It has to be cooked properly however or it's like chewing on a combat boot. I have had a couple of kangaroo dishes over the years and it's very nice, much gamier then beef or lamb, as you'd expect. It has a strong but flavoursome taste, hard to describe. Best I can do is say it's a little like venison but not as dry. If you've ever had buffalo meat, the taste of roo meat is somewhere between that and venison, I think. Being extremely lean, when raw it makes excellent meat for dogs, which is why my pooch usually has a dinner of roo mince mixed with super-premium Nutro kibble and boiled pumpkin (nothing but the best for my Maggie :-()).

We occasionally get the touchy-feely brigade campaigning against the hunting down and eating of Skippy's relatives (amazing how many of these clowns live in Sydney, usually in the trendy vegan belt of the inner-city where they plan out the next gay Mardi Gras over cappuccinos and croissants and the closest they ever get to the bush is jogging past the shrubs in the Botanical Gardens). The fact is that roos are more numerous than people and if they're not regularly hunted and culled once in a while they overpopulate and start wreaking havoc on farms. They're not exactly an endangered species :-()

Here's a roo meal (pic from the net, not mine).

[smg id=8359 width=500]

PZ

Nice, fragger - I did not know kangaroo was harvested for food

Binnatics

I did know about roo food. In Holland they imported numbers of kangaroos and started to hold them in farms for the meat I think it never made it to a bigger public than some exotics who like to taste new stuff, and I am not that exotic neither. So I never tasted it myself.

It always makes me giggle, Fragger, when you start about these hipster youngsters bending over cappuccinos and such :laugh: plus 1 for a god laugh :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

indeed :-D not to forget, "chewing on a combat boot" :laugh:

for that, and the rest of it, a +1 :-X from me, too :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳