Euro truck simulator...

Started by PZ, July 19, 2009, 07:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

...found an interesting game while looking for ARMA2 at Gamestop.  This is evidently a simulation in which you drive long haul trucks on the highways of Europe earning money for repairs, fuel, tune-ups, etc.  Reminds me of one of my favorite movies - Duel

Art Blade

never heard of it... so you drive a truck across Europe? I was thinking about FUEL where you can drive across North America. Europe should be quite a challenge, given it is not a deserted land after a climate catastrophe as in FUEL. Any hints what might make it worth playing? And, is the visual ok?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Not sure if it is a gimmicky kind of thing - however it is listed in the PC best sellers (not sure why though).  I kind of like driving trucks so it sounded interesting, but I've not really investigated it yet - still researching how to get the DVD copy of ARMA2.  Evidently, European retailers are no longer shipping to the USA.  Here is the link to the truck sim.

... and the link to the official site

Art Blade

Here is the only (?) comment I found there,

QuoteThis game is the of the cream of the crop for truck simulators as far as realism and gamplay. The story behind this is to buy a truck, drive all around europe to find find w@&k and deliver the givein cargo to a destination somewhere in europe thus generating money for gas, tune ups, repairs etc. Once you have the money you can expand your buisness and go into other countrys. If you like american long haul i think you will like this better, just ashame this is not multiplayer becuase online would be really fun trucking together. The only down side to this game is the graphics, they could be alot nicer, and you cant reall drive on the actual strrets of europe, just the highways are mostly available. But Very addicting game and extremly time consuming. If you want to be a truck driver this could teach you A few things or two! Also suports racing wheels and other controlers so thats nice too.

just seen the devs also created Wheels of Steel
American Long Haul
something you might like? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yeah, I read that one too - not surprising because the game download is only 110mb.  There is a demo that I'll download just to see how bad they are.  I'll check out the other game too because it sounds interesting.

🡱 🡳