Steam refunds

Started by Stiku, June 02, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Now you can requests a refund if you got problems or otherthings with the game.  8)

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds?snr=1_41_4__42

Binnatics

I got that message as well! Very nice!!!! I love steam. Going to send a request tomorrow, I have some worthless crap in my list ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I think it may be too late.. I saw the message too and the first thing I read was "within two weeks and less than 2 hours gameplay"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Guess which crappy title went on sale almost straight after this was released
Spoiler
Yes,you guessed right, Assassins Creed Unity.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

I checked if I could get a refund on Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City. I crappy game that can only be played coop, but there were no other players I could connect to. I played it for a total time of 60 minutes, so I thought I'd at least match one of the requirements for a refund.
It's simple actually to try to get a refund. If you open steam support in the normal browser and log in, you cna sellect a game which you have trouble with, and then select through some simple buttons that you are not happy with it and want a refund.
Problem is; their 'window of refund operations' is 6 months. So I was unlucky. Bought the game almost 2 years ago :(

Anyway, I think it's a good feature. :-X

Art Blade

yep  :)

hmm.. play for almost two hours, create a savegame to keep, claim the refund, buy again, use the savegame.. rinse and repeat.. free gaming?  ???? :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 05, 2015, 08:47:32 AM
hmm.. play for almost two hours, create a savegame to keep, claim the refund, buy again, use the savegame.. rinse and repeat.. free gaming?  ???? :-()

:-()

I'm sure that if you try to purchase a game previously refunded, a message will pop up with words to the effect "I'm sorry, you already indicated that this game sucks"

fragger

:laugh:

That six-month window of opportunity borks my chances of getting my money back for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. That was a few years ago now. The game was so-so, but an "update" during my second playthrough totally removed the game from my PC - along even with the desktop shortcut that I'd made for it :knockout I didn't think enough of the game at the time to bother pursuing the matter, so I wrote the experience off as an "Oops".

If they'd had this offer back then I might have been more inclined to try for a refund.

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on June 05, 2015, 08:47:32 AM
yep  :)

I'm not sure if that works, but Valve doesn't consider it an abuse if you refund a title and buy the same title again during a sale  :-D
LEGACY

mandru

:)

Spoiler

I've been free from Steam's clinging grasp ever since the computer I was using to play Half-Life2 died on me.  ;)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Art Blade

Stiku

Tags:
🡱 🡳