Where can I get a good gaming PC...

Started by PZ, January 02, 2015, 11:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

My goodness, most of my order has already shipped ???

Binnatics

Just in time for GTA V PC then ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

:-()  sure is good timing!

Not sure if I will get it yet though - I'm likely to wait and see how you guys like it first (and watch a few videos)  GTAV is still full retail, and FC4 is down to $29.99 at Amazon, so that might actually be my first go - Kyrat should be beautiful using PC graphics.

Stiku

Its not that much better in PC,
And when you order parts from companies that know the ABC of customer services, they tend to ship stuff to you quite quickly, usually within one business day.

PZ

PZ

PZ

Just received the first of my packages from Newegg yesterday - the PSU and hard disc.  Checking my email yesterday, I noticed that the MSI main board I'd ordered was on sale for $24 discount, and W8.1 was $20 less with promo code.  I almost chalked it up to a loss, but sent them an email expressing my dismay at the loss of sale price.  They replied within hours that my credit card would be credited with $44.  Not only do these people send their items out in a timely way, they are also responsive to customer satisfaction.

I'm a fan of Newegg

Binnatics

Very nice service indeed!
I have my own address in Holland which also is known for excellent customer support, which is priceless ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Nice that they funded you back, just a tip, try out the system BEFORE you put everything into the case, just to see that everything works like its supposed to w@&k. Also makes an easier troubleshooting if you run into a problem.

PZ

:-X  I was planning on a POST to be sure the main components were working

Binnatics

I never did that. Sounds logic indeed, but isn't there a risk that the mobo connects to the floor and causes trouble?

Stiku

Place the MB on a cardboard, rubber or other material that can be considered insulating(the anti-static bag isnt a good mattress btw, the outside isn't always insulated and protected).

PZ

PZ

Well, I now have everything except a few parts (the main processor, 980, and a couple of fans) laid out on my living room floor.  Hope to get the rest of the parts by this weekend

Art Blade

waiting for Easter eggs, then, are you?  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Time to hone those TIM(Thermal Interface Material) applying skills then(let the cooler do the spreading), and luckily that CPU cooler bundles with it too.

PZ

Stuff came earlier than I expected - everything is here except 2 Noctua fans - am starting the build as I write  ^-^

Hope it turns out okay

PZ

Well gents; this is my first post on the new PC  ^-^

Binnatics

Cool, at least you can type with it already, so most basics have been installed correctly then :angel:

@ Stiku, what happened to your nametag?

PZ

:laugh:  I was never so relieved to see CMOS pop up  :-()

Looks like Stiku changed his account parameters

Art Blade

PZ, wow, that was quick :) impressive :) Have fun with your new rig and all the good new games to come  :-D :-X

Re Stiku's account - looks as if he "emptied" it ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, AB  ^-^  I did a full photo shoot while spending the day yesterday assembling the new rig, which was very pleasant.  Assembling a few parts, then checking YouTube videos, and so on - was quite relaxing.  I've chores to do, and then I plan to post an album of my adventure.

It was funny to see the water cooler - looked like I was building a small sports car  :laugh:

Art Blade

Binnatics

:-X :)

Looking forward to the slideshow PZ!!

My next rig will probably have water cooling as well. For now, I'll just have to be satisfied with my massive air-cooling motorcycle-look-a-like rig :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳