First impressions

Started by fragger, November 18, 2014, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, the Subaru STI comes with a distinctive pink color accent on many parts (badging, seats, etc.), and I doubt anyone would think that it is a type of submissive (nor girly) car  :-()

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

I agree with you, PZ, yet I'm still grinning at mandru's "a nod to Mr Mumu Chiffon"  :-X >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I personally have nothing against the color pink.  I have had a range of shirts running from Fuchsia through to Coral which would include many that were pink.  That particular palette of hues has many shades that suit my skin tone and I like wearing them.

Once in a church planning meeting (that was already under way) a newly assigned replacement Pastor for our Fellowship arrived late blustering his way in took time to challenge me and call me out over a pink polo shirt I was wearing that evening.  There were several gasps from the other parishioners seated around the tables of the cafeteria where the meeting was being held.  He'd been with us for several months and was just acting out his own personal variety of typical butt-headedness.

Dropping his honorific to put us on even footing I looked him straight in the eye and responded "Bill, the color looks good on me.  It's happy news when a doctor delivering a baby declares "he or she's healthy and pink".  I'm confident enough in my heterosexuality that I am comfortable with this color and I've no need to defend my wardrobe choices...

...Which leaves the outstanding unanswered question 'Why are you intimidated by a color?' "

In retrospect I guess because he'd arrived late  he'd made a lame attempt to grab some kind of dominance in a meeting where he was supposed to just be an observer but after our exchange he just sat in a back corner of the room quietly.  I probably shouldn't have drubbed him so roughly but he was due a stout butt kicking.

As to pink in firearms...

I guess there's not as many things as potentially horrifying as a situation where some fool tries using a pink firearm to jolly an inexperienced and possibly hesitant girl or woman into getting over their reservations of learning to shoot.  I want a new shooter male or female to be aware that this thing that's being placed into their hands is potentially deadly and never to be taken lightly.  I've been standing in a gun shop when a female voice has declared "That gun's so cute!" causing a cascade of nervous chills, anxiety sweats and wide eyed nervous glances among everyone throughout the entire shop.

Believe me, that's something you never want to experience unless you've seen with your own eyes (or photos) the person in question processing live chickens for the dinner table or game dressing an elk that they'd taken earlier in a hunt.  8-X

I prefer an outdoor range for a new shooter.  Someplace where it's possible to set up your own non-paper targets (like melons or 2 liter pop bottles) so that the effect of something being shot (with fragmentary rounds for introductory demonstration purposes) drives home the point that a firearm isn't just a variant of a desktop paper punch.  And Hello Kitty never belongs on a firearm unless she is graphically illustrated having a mouth full of flesh with blood running down her front standing over the corpse of something from which she's just ripped out its throat.  >:D

Now if my enemies in FC4 would react to the fact that I've kitted up with a pink gun by loosing all of their manly composure sending them scurrying and screaming in terror "He's gonna insult, kill and desecrate us with the pink gun!" so that I have to run them down to catch and kill them then maybe, just maybe I'd see a point to the pink color option.  But I'd still call it something other than Fierce.  :-D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

It would be even better if they would run away at the mere sight of your pink weapon  8-X  :laugh:

mandru

Exactly.  :)

"This is my rifle. This is my gun..." and so on.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

apparently pink is a fashion colour for firearms in games. Currently I play GTAV and there's a pink option for I think every firearm. So is green, orange, gold, black, platinum..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on September 14, 2015, 04:10:28 PM
apparently pink is a fashion colour for firearms in games.

I believe that Binnatics has coloured his weapons pink :-() >:D  ;)
LEGACY

Art Blade

and also TerrZor got at least one  ^-^

OWGKID

My weapons are gold painted  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

mine are platinum unless the Yusuf Amir Luxury Finish or Gilded Gun Metal Finish or Etched Wood Finish versions are available -- I got all of those. :-D

TheStranger

So finished the game, but I don't know it leaves a kind of hollow feeling. Like FC2. You achieve something but in the end it's just negative and kind of depressing. Hmm although I like such themed movies it's a bit hard to deal with in games. But since I played FC2 not only once (although I really needed a long break after the first playthrough) I am not worried. :)

But I expected much more from the FC4 campaign. IMO it was kind a lame. For example you see Yuma for the first time and she is a cool opponent - but after a few missions she is already dead. And it would have been great if the world was actually covered in snow which I expected. The few missions in the Himalayas are great though.

Have to pick up the remaining loot chests and discover the locations. The I'll try Escape from Durgesh or Valley of the Yeti.

PZ

I don't remember if I ever finished FC3 or FC4, although I cannot remember the number of times I completed the main missions in FC2.  Reading posts like this makes me want to play again, but I doubt that I will because there is always something new on the horizon.

I guess I am a hopeless gamer "wannabe"

nexor

I stared a new FC2 play through a few days ago. Man, it's good to be back in good old Africa without all those demons and their like    :-D

fragger

:-X

No drug trips, no monsters, no magical weapons, no drawn-out cutscenes, no scripted missions, no ridiculous storylines... Ah, those were the days 8) I may do the same soon.

OWGKID

Quote from: nexor on October 12, 2015, 01:05:08 AM
I stared a new FC2 play through a few days ago...

:-X

With mods or just the standard game?
LEGACY

nexor

I did a clean install without any mods, but when I started the game all the mods were loaded  ???   :D

I would only like to load one mod, the high jump   :-D

fragger

???? That's odd, nex. It's not like there was any save cloud or anything for FC2. It didn't even require online rego or activation, from memory. Could the mods be stored in some kind of external file or something that was still there when you installed?

I point out that I know nothing about mods. I've never used any.

OWGKID

Nexor, the game seems to save custom patch data in the game saves. You should try to start a new story. I have had some issues with my own mod not working properly on an old save ;)
LEGACY

nexor

I have all the modding tools Gibbed passed on to us is in a separate folder, maybe I must move them all to a flashdrive, then completely remove the game and then do a fresh install

OWGKID

Not necessary, I had the modding tools in the same directory as the game files. Saves are located in the My Games folder if I remember correct. Maybe you should try to delete your saves if you have any.
LEGACY

nexor

I used Perfect Uninstaller software to uninstall the game before I did a new install GKID.
This software does a pretty good job in removing stuff, afterwards I also checked to make sure no files were left behind

nexor

Quote from: GKID7891 on October 12, 2015, 09:22:33 AM
Not necessary, I had the modding tools in the same directory as the game files. Saves are located in the My Games folder if I remember correct. Maybe you should try to delete your saves if you have any.

That's what I thought, for that reason I didn't move the modding files away, and yep I made sure there were no saved files.

I'll just keep it for now till I'm in the mood to remove everything and do a new install   ::)

OWGKID

:) :-X Did you manage to find the IronsightFOV?
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳