Please Help

Started by LinkHero, October 17, 2016, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

I have a non-steam version of FarCry 2 installed, and am trying to mod it. For some reason, the tools given in one of our earlier posts don't seem to create a mypatch folder. Believe me, I tried almost everything. Can anyone help me pls ??

P. S. If there is a similar thread, pls inform me so that I can delete this one.

Update: Two possible problems:
1. Do you need any other utilities to use these tools, like bootstraphelp(not even sure whether it exists) or something ?

2. The bootstrap.bat shows "Couldn't detect Far Cry 2 install directory. Bootstrap failed.", even after putting it in the Far Cry 2 folder. Is this the problem ?
I used to have an open mind, but then my brain fell out.
-Random Person.

Art Blade

Hi LinkHero :)

I used to have a non-steam version and I remember that I still had to use the tools for the steam version (there were no other tools) however, I don't know where exactly on this forum you'll find that information. It's too late for me just now (bed time overdue) but I just wanted to give you a brief feedback.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You've probably found the proper tools, but did you download from this location?

http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=163

I can't recall all the details, but I remember something about FC2 needing to be patched to v1.03 before the tools will w@&k.

Maybe another member will remember more.

LinkHero

Yes, I downloaded the tools from this location, and extracted the "modding" folder to my FC2 install directory.
The mypatch folder doesn't appear on running the bootstrap.bat.(Tried doubleclicking it as well as running it with cmd)

-Random Person.

nexor

Welcome LinkHero, as PZ said, you need to install the Steam v1.03 patch even though you don't have the Steam version of the game

LinkHero

Hey all.

I'm sorry that I have to ask this, but can someone pls send me the libraries folder and all files in it ??
Quote from: nexor on October 18, 2016, 10:18:08 PM
Welcome LinkHero, as PZ said, you need to install the Steam v1.03 patch even though you don't have the Steam version of the game
Thanks for the advice, but it was already done, as I have the Fortunes Pack installed, which requires the game to be updated to v1.03.
-Random Person.

nexor

As far as I know the modding only works with the Steam patch, I had to install the Steam version before the modding worked

LinkHero

Update:

I reinstalled FC2 and took the v1.03 patch off the Ubisoft page. Then I extracted the tools to the required folder.
Now cmd shows "Your patch.fat file doesn't seem to have generated\entitylibrarypatchoverride.fcb in it."
Can anyone help ??
Edit:
I downloaded PZ's modded patch.fat and substituted it in place of the original. Now all done :-D
Thanks a lot PZ!!
-Random Person.

nexor

Glad you got it fixed  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Glad it worked out, LinkHero  :-X

One other thing that occurred to me was something about running the batch files as an administrator, and that the proper permissions needed to be set for the first time. This seemed to w@&k for some people, but not everyone.

🡱 🡳