Videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 23, 2015, 06:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I don't think I'll be posting many videos, but here's one I made last night as a solution for the glitched Nuka Cola Quantum in the dry creek bed north of Vault 111.

Nuka Cola glitch
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Wow, excellent thinking there mate!! plus 1 :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

I've had some experience with using explosives to .... dislodge things from the terrain. I have a Mr Gutsy model I got from a lunchbox and thought it would look cool sitting on a table in my house, but it turns out those types of decorations can't be used, and when the game reloads, it just falls to the floor, inside the table it was on. So dropping a grenade next to the table to blast the thing out works. Landmines also w@&k to move the dead dog from right in the middle of the road near the bridge entrance. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to put those bodies there and not let you move them. I think they respawn though, if you stay away for more than two game days.
D_B

Art Blade

+1 :-X for the vid, D_B :)

I've always loved to watch your vids. ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice thinking "outside the box" D_B :-X Cool vid +1

Dweller_Benthos

Here's a funny one, I never thought of changing the looks of the spouse, though I think this guys is using a mod to get a body/hair style like that. Funniest part "I need to run back and get my DS"

If you haven't played the game, might not make much sense, but here it is anyway.

! No longer available
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone eposide "The Monsters are on Maple Street" or something like that.

The TZ marathon is on the SciFi channel right now

Dweller_Benthos

A quick clip showing a settler being creative with the definition of the word "hammer"

Hammer?

That's a laser rifle, by the way.....

Mostly uploaded this for a post on reddit...
D_B

mandru

Good vids D_B.  :-X   +1

Actually now that I've got the ability to add my own rebuilds and mods to the weapons on the workbench that really is all those Institute weapons are good for.  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

PZ

fragger

Oh well... When you can't find the right tool for the job... improvise :)

Dweller_Benthos

A quick clip of a fight in the battle arena. I first let out the raider and the gunner. While I'm running around to let out the animals, the raider loses that fight, they aren't very tough. But the gunner lasts quite a while. Funny how the deathclaw is the most feared creature in the game, but the yao guai wins. This happens a lot when I let them fight it out, the yao guai is just pretty bad a$$.

Fight!

I've since made a walkway around the other side so I don't have to run all the way around to open the other cages. I'm still thinking of running wires to my switch panel for the new cages, but for now, this works. And actually, since I mostly use this to gain XP, letting them fight each other, while entertaining, doesn't get me as much XP as killing them myself.
D_B

Art Blade

that's some bad a$$ pistol you've got there  ??? :)

mandru

Very nice, though Danse is definitely skewing the results of the battle by interacting.  :) :-X

It's possible that ordering him to Stay would make him ignore the activity in the arena.  Even with that in effect it's possible he'd be unable to restrain himself.  Possibly leaving him under a Stay command somewhere outside the arena in a location where he can't see the action would allow the competitors a more even footing and allow outcomes to reflect each participant's natural stats.  ^-^

The burrowers (radscorps and those molerats) in the game have what seems like an ability to instantly teleport great distances underground.  Unfortunately while I suspect dirt patches in the arena floor (if possible) to allow them full access to all of their natural attack strategies (escaping and then re-attacking from another angle) would be negated by the chance that they might pick a target outside of the arena, go after it and break loose.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the pistol is a fully upgraded .44 magnum that shoots explosive bullets. With the explosive perks I have, which makes any explosive more effective, it's quite a weapon. Admittedly, the yao guai was at low health so that helped. But gibbed pieces parts when it's all over is a bonus.

Yeah, Danse likes to get in on the action. Interesting how with all those high level enemies, he attacks the humans first. But I wasn't really too concerned with him adding to the fight, makes it more interesting that way. I hadn't thought of mole rats and scorpions tunneling out of the enclosure, that would be funny. There are rocket and laser turrets around the whole place, to defend from external attacks, so they wouldn't get far once outside the barrier.

I built this at the drive-in movie theater, which gets attacked pretty much every time I go there, from the side by the railroad tracks, so there's a bunch of turrets on that side to defend the place.
D_B

Binnatics

Nice fight D_B! Cool to see these creatures fight eachother in your arena +1 :-X ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Ultra cool, D_B!  :-X

+1

Tags:
🡱 🡳