FUEL: Refueled (Mod)

Started by Hell Diguner, January 09, 2014, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell Diguner

Just so you all know, should somebody happen by these forums :-\\ there is a little mod for FUEL called FUEL: Refueled.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fuel-refueled

Features include:
- Better vehicles handling all around, plus vehicles of different classes behave more uniquely. Trucks and buggies now feel very different
- Drive any unlock-able vehicle in free-roam (Damocles Dragster and Hovercraft were previously event-only)
- Promotional content (skins and one vehicle) can now be bought or found in-game without using codes, just like everything else
- Revised economy. You'll have to complete challenges to afford mid and end-game vehicles in all the different vehicle classes
- A more consistent UI that is more practical - keyboard/mouse and controller use has been improved
- New challenges (races), vista points and heli pads.
- Most existing races have been reworked; many use completely different game types that don't exist in vanilla FUEL
- More vehicles and more types of vehicles in most of the races - This helps make races more interesting and better balanced
- Starting grids are more varied, checkpoints are placed better, revised opponent AI
- Races, especially challenges, have more dynamic weather and time settings. Challenges usually mimic the free-roam time and weather now.
- External utilities allow users to create custom races and custom vehicle colors
- New game/race mode "Free Ride Extreme" where extreme weather that is usually only in races (Tornadoes, Blizzards) will occur in free-roam
- Tweaks to the way objects are dynamically spawned - you're less likely to notice repeating patterns of unique/memorable objects.
- Modular options give users choices: different day-night time scale, cheats, different HUDs, etc.
- Support for all localizations and the FUEL Demo; online free-roam (compatibility mode) and online race support (modded and vanilla).
- Lite version that acts as an unofficial patch - fixes bugs and improves stability

Art Blade

thank you very much for the heads-up :) +1 :-X

I didn't know they were modding FUEL because I'm done playing the game for quite some time now. It was a blast when it was new but the multiplayer part was, err, suboptimal.  :-D What annoyed the living heck out of me were little plants, bushes, grass blades, twigs.. they were all made of titanium with a hardened steel core and a diamond finish. You drive against an almost invisible plant and CLONK you stopped right there. Great "cross-country" races.. ::)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My favorite part about the pc as a gaming platform is the ability to mod the game

🡱 🡳