GTA 5 pc News

Started by Stiku, January 14, 2015, 01:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Heres something new to GTAV on PC
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

Release date : March 24, 2015.

Specs that are required to run the game:

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Note to Art: Seems that you don't need a new card afterall  8)

PZ

My goodness, those screen captures are impressive.  I might get the game one of these days even though it is not my favorite style.

I have GTAV for the console, and while it is somewhat interesting, I have not even finished the game.  The graphics on the PC however, are simply stunning.

JRD

Good Lord! 65GB... the STEAM version is going to take ages to download.  ???

Those screenies are amazing though. This is definitely a fantastic game to have. Even if, like PZ, you are not a fan of the style. The freedom you have is simply fantastic and there are usually loads of fun to have in side missions and mini games. Or simply go crazy and see how many stars you can raise and then escape.  >:D

I started a new game of GTA: San Andreas yesterday. The best of the series for me so far. Los Santos in low definition is still a great playground.  :-D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I must admit that I really liked the varied terrain, and the different things to see and do.  I also thought it funny to hop into a tow truck and steal vehicles by simply towing them away :laugh:

Stiku

Quote from: JRD on January 14, 2015, 06:04:39 AM
Good Lord! 65GB... the STEAM version is going to take ages to download.  ???

Kinda understatement, even with my superfast connection, it takes 2-3 hours to download.  :D
Not to talk about the installation process that surely follows after that.

Binnatics

Great info Stiku!!!  :)

I kind of suspected the delay. And I don't worry because the week after the 27th of January I really had 0 time to play. Now I will make sure I have a week holiday on release date. Man I need some dope that week :-D

Indeed impressing size, impressing screenies, impressing editor, impressing everything!!!! Rockstar: :bow

I might concider getting Win 7 before release date. That's currently the only spec I have on the worrying edge :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: Stiku on January 14, 2015, 01:53:01 AMNote to Art: Seems that you don't need a new card afterall  8)

Excellent :) Thanks for the info :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

PZ

March 24th is the current release date - seems like a long way off  :-\\

Binnatics

I just pre-ordered @ Steam 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: PZ on January 16, 2015, 02:10:02 PM
March 24th is the current release date - seems like a long way off  :-\\

Its never too early to start collecting money from customers ::)

and @ Binn : That was fast.

Art Blade

pre-ordered it, too. :-X ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on January 16, 2015, 07:41:12 PM
Its never too early to start collecting money from customers ::)

Indeed - the interest alone shifting $ from the customer to the publisher pays millions in dividends.  Publishers like Ubsoft aren't stupid, just greedy.

PZ

Pre-ordering through Rockstar warehouse gives you bonus:

• A free game (one of their older titles)
  • $300k to use in GTAV online

http://media.rockstargames.com/broadcast/20150125/en_US_web.html

Stiku

Pre-order from Steam gives this:

PRE-PURCHASE BY FEBRUARY 1 AND GET $1,000,000 IN-GAME PLUS A BONUS $300,000 AND A BONUS GAME
Pre-purchase and get $1,000,000 in-game ($500,000 for Grand Theft Auto V and $500,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online).

PZ

That's a much better deal  :-X

Binnatics

Indeed. That's why I prepurchased @ Steam ^-^

Art Blade

Stiku

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52394/gtav-updates-online-heists-coming-march-10-gtav-for-pc

"GTAV for PC will be arriving on April 14th at retail and as a digital download."

So the wait continues.

Binnatics

:knockout

Edit: I'm so glad I didn't already order a week off in March, lol

Art Blade

I'm so glad because now the game will be released during my holidays  :-()

PZ

You mean during your lifetime  8-X

Stiku

I hope they'll have enough time to finish the game properly, and well atleast they have the brains to actually say that we'll delay the game rather than release it with a tons of bugs and a apology.

Might also be the time to get Diablo 3 for the time we(I) wait >:D

Art Blade

indeed, I much rather wait and get a working product than early access crap at full price.

Tags:
🡱 🡳