Goat Simulator

Started by JRD, November 10, 2014, 10:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Have no idea where to put this thread... but I have to put it somewhere. So if any of you have a better idea, feel free to move this post!

I have no words to describe this game.... so I am copy-pasting something from their website

" Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history.

Goat Simulator is a small, broken and stupid game. It was made in a couple of weeks so don't expect a game in the size and scope of GTA with goats. In fact, you're better off not expecting anything at all actually. To be completely honest, it would be best if you'd spend your $10 on a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe a real-life goat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2jwdUJUMfw

And after doing some search on the forums... I found this from 2009!!!!

:knockout (;\
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

???

What a strange game!  I just skimmed the video, but that goat sure has a funny way of climbing a ladder.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on November 10, 2014, 11:16:53 AM
???

What a strange game! 

Yeah, isn't it?

I had to post it, I had to share.....  :-D

Art Blade

I'd put it into the normal main folder, that's where the other stuff is that doesn't fit into race, sci-fi or war categories, I'll do that right away.

And yes, Jesus, who the hell wants to play that! I know the game because it was flashing every day on the steam store advertisements area for weeks. :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

That should win some sort of prize for the most ridiculous game of the year ????

Dweller_Benthos

I have seen some videos of this game and actually thought about getting it, but the entertainment value in it seems to dry up pretty quickly. Once you run around and do some crazy things for a while, there's not much more to do. Sure, there are some whacky things you can get to, but getting there seems to be a chore. I think it's pretty inexpensive, and really just a take off on various skateboard games, but I passed on it.

The videos are fun to watch though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Maybe Goat-mageddon was a more appropriate name. It reminds me of Carmageddon, which was equally silly. I've had a good laugh though, checking the video. Indeed a remarkable way to climb a ladder ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Oddly compelling.  I like thrashing around and busting things up.  >:D

It looks like the only way to buy it now is through steam though.  :(

As a kid we had a couple goats to try to stay ahead of the blackberry thickets that would erupt anytime we cleared the trees and undergrowth off our property to open things up to extend the yard around our house.  Goats have an amazing ability to get into situations where they can cause the most trouble possible and are just smart enough to be dangerous.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Binnatics

:o What a loose goat can cause :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

MMO!  ???

F me sideways.

mandru

If it was Cow Simulator would it be a MOO?

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Binnatics

JRD

That sort of stupid game won't stop popping around!

Now you can be a slice of bread... seriously... who creates that sort of game? Who publishes it... WHO BUYS IT??  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

QuoteI am Bread
The beautiful story of one slice of bread's epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted. As you delve deeper and deeper into the story of 'I am Bread', you'll notice that things aren't quite what they seem....

PZ

Probably the same fool that designed the drug induced parts of FC3 and 4

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on December 09, 2014, 12:50:54 PM
Probably the same fool that designed the drug induced parts of FC3 and 4

:laugh:

"I am a mushroom... I come to bring peace!" :-()

JRD

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen the I am Bread game as well, made by the same people who made Surgeon Simulator (look it up) again, weird controls and whacky premise, it means FUN!

More like frustration simulator if you ask me, but some of the videos are fun to watch, where it's someone else being frustrated. Kinda like Spin Tires, want to see a truck get stuck in the mud? That's your game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

fragger

Quote from: JRD on December 09, 2014, 10:32:43 AM
... seriously... who creates that sort of game? Who publishes it... WHO BUYS IT??

Dopers, dopers, and dopers 8-X

Art Blade

I think that I don't really want to know. :-D

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳