Wrong choices

Started by JRD, August 02, 2009, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Who plays the campaign will soon realise this game branches out to make the story develop on different paths depending on the player's choices... which is pretty cool... different endings makes for good replay value  ;)

Some choices, however, are just plain bad...

For instance. In the beginning of "Razor two" you are asked if you want to remain in Chernarus after Miles's death... you'll obviously say yes... I said no once, to see the aftermath...
You get a cutscene where you are on a plane, being deployed off Chernarus and the dialog evolves as you are deeply sorry for the loss of Miles... your team mates think you are not well and some even think you should've stayed.
You then get not an animation, but a blank screen and dialogue... a weird dialogue... as if you are somewhere like a canteen or something and can't be with people anymore, you are then assigned to a psych evaluation and the mission is over... major fail  :(

What were dev's thinkig to come up with such an option? Why give you the choice to abruptly end the campaign? Weird...........
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Wow, that's a scary one - does that mean you've lost your progress so far if you restart the campaign?  (That is if you don't have an earlier save.)

JRD

No no no no no.... chillax... it's not that bad...

You are being briefed in the very beginning of the mission, after an autosave.
If you choose to leave, it's over, but you can always reload the autosave... if dev's did such a thing they'll be crucified in no time  ;)

PZ

phew... that was a close one...  ;D

Art Blade

interesting... reminds me of wrong choices during tutorial, like when I "accidently" shot my drill instructor in the head... it was called a training accident and I was informed that during a campain I would have been court-martialled. During a campain I think the screen went red, but I remember I had a text popping up, paraphrasing "we don't tolerate friendly fire" and I had to reload. I remember during a mission it was stopped, something like "murder! you'd face a court martial in real life!" lol... party poopers  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

If you shoot a friendly AI once its considered an accident, but if you bring 2 or 3 down, your men mercylessly finish you off in no time... cold blooded  :(

Art Blade

ah yes... that's what I remembered, the red screen... they hunted me down!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳