Patch 1.02 issue...

Started by PZ, July 22, 2009, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I just installed the v1.02 patch and found out that the game that I recently purchased was already at v1.02 state, so the installer exited.  Here's the issue: when I started the game, it came up in German!  I had to uninstall the game and reinstall it to get it back to the original state.  There is a difference though - when I now look at the video settings, they are different - they defaulted to  the highest state, and the post processing setting (which formerly had a disable) now has only low, medium, and high.  Evidently when the game installs, it recognizes your graphic hardware and installs appropriately based on what it discovers.  Because I had recently installed the latest nvidia drivers and the SLI upgrade, my menu settings were different.  Now here's the good part - when I finally got the game to run in English, it was faster/smoother than ever.

The take home lesson - if you do driver updates and you get same/no increase in performance, it might not be a bad idea to uninstall/reinstall the game as a last resort.

Tags:
🡱 🡳