Gaming Rig specs

Started by RedRaven, March 19, 2010, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Thanks, now I need a second one  >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

If you really want to boast, rent a cinema and connect the projector to your PC. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

I'd rather place RGB stuff (case fans, CPU cooler, motherboard and RAM sticks) in my PC instead  :-D
LEGACY

OWGKID

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" height="320" />

Got myself a chrome gold Xbox One controller yesterday ^-^ At least this is how close I get to the "next-gen" consoles
LEGACY

Art Blade

nice, in my favourite computer shop I saw several different fresh controller designs among which there was something like yours, maybe the same type even. :)

OWGKID

Cool, well having something else than black and white is more enjoyable.
LEGACY

Art Blade

they were colourful (red and yellow the ones sticking out) but like yours, they were kind of themed, meaning some type of pictures painted across them. I'd prefer a simple colour without any theme.

OWGKID

Actually, it is plain coloured, it just reflects the objects on my desk. ;)
LEGACY

Art Blade

then I haven't seen anything like yours and then, I really like yours :-X :) The ones I saw had some weird, probably even pokémon-type of themes and so on, nothing I'd want to have on my desk :-() They were showcased and some design specials, at a price, of course.

OWGKID

:-D I had to order this from the UK. Took 3 weeks before it actually got here (lesson learned: I should never order stuff right after holidays if I want it fast) 8-X It works perfect and I don't need to worry about too many cables on my desk :)

LEGACY

PZ

Looks cool, GKID  :-X

Does the xbox controller sticks w@&k in digital or analog way?  I'm not sure I am describing correctly but what I mean is the graded or all-or-none way.  When I use the controller on the PS4 to drive for example, it works in a smooth way - slight movement causes slight changes in vehicle direction. On the PC, I have a Saito controller which is all-or-none - when you move the stick even slightly it is the same as if you pushed the stick all the way.

Art Blade

those xbox 360 controllers for PC have got excellent analog sticks. No weird dead zone, they w@&k as intended. I got one of those, albeit black. :)

PZ

Excellent!  Now I need to get one because there are instances where I like to use a controller.  I remember D_B saying that he was using a controller on one knee while also using the mouse/keyboard.  My skills are not that good - I need to use one or the other.  :-D

OWGKID

The Xbox One controller works as the old 360. Mine is wireless, so I had to buy a separate wireless adapter to use it. Also bought a play and charge kit (gotta save the environment) Oh, it also turn itself off if I leave it idling.

The store where I got mine. They have some good looking PS4/Xbox One controllers for sale there.
LEGACY

PZ

By "wireless", do you mean Bluetooth?

OWGKID

Yeah, Bluetooth. Well, you could get a wired controller instead (cheaper). The play and charge kit USB cable works as a cable/charger on Win 10.
LEGACY

Art Blade

Ever since stiku (former member here) "made" me use a controller, I got better and better at it and now I can't imagine gaming without one. But. I always need mouse and keyboard at hand. My preferred way of gaming is: use the controller for everything but shooting :-D Then I'd put it aside, grab mouse/keyboard and do the shooting, then pick up the controller again. Most games these days are console ports anyway so they're by design better playable with controllers. Particularly the menus are usually very easily accessible using a controller while it feels sort of clumsy with mouse and keyboard. Unless it's a PC-based game. However, as long as I can hot-swap between mouse and controller, games are great. Which reminds me of FC3. Other than FC2, which allowed hot-swapping, FC3 would blank out mouse/keyboard as soon as you touched the controller. No going back unless quit/restart. WTF! So.. yeah, I like the 360 controller because it's just plug and play, it's not falling apart even if you dropped it and I like wire. Well, there are those cables and all that but at least it doesn't shut itself off when you least expect it nor does it require charging -- it's always there and will be even if gaming for 12+ hours straight. :-D

PZ

Thanks for the info, guys  :-X

Art Blade

bloody hell, you're a fast reader! I almost only just left the "post" button :laugh:

and you're welcome ^-^

Binnatics

These controllers are awesome GKID!

Wonder if I could find a mouse with such a deco one day ;)

(and with analog buttons on the keyboard maybe ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Heh, I thought that was some kind of pattern on the controller as well, until GKID pointed out that it's actually reflections. I can see it properly now :-D That's really neat!

OWGKID

I believe Steelseries offers certain models in different colours. The majority of PC gaming gear tend to have RGB LED lighting instead (like my colorful keyboard I posted earlier) Yeah, I always dreamed about having a golden Xbox controller one day.

Binnatics, I googled your "keyboard with analog buttons" and found this. Comes with RGB lights, and is fully mechanical (click clack, clickety clack-clack). Might as well get this as my next keyboard when my Corsair Strafe needs to get a retirement :)
LEGACY

Binnatics

Interesting link Gkid  :-X :)

Taking a closer look this certainly is a device that needs some more development. I wouldn't be surprised if I play GTA with it and suddenly my mouse isn't responding anymore.
I bet their tech will be adapted by big brands like logitech as soon as it's fully integrated, and then will be available at a lower price tag since there's only few buttons that need analog input for gaming.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

It lacks the Numpad functionality and GTA requires that for flying. I wouldn't be surprised if this is developed for tournament gaming (CS:GO, DOTA 2, Legue of Legends) for now. I really hope they bring Numpad for it the future.

It will, I assume Corsair/Razer/Logitech and the other large gaming gear brands will throw themselves on that train.

LEGACY

🡱 🡳