GKID's Watch Dogs 2 experiences

Started by OWGKID, December 07, 2016, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

So, after less than 1 hour with installing the game, I played it on PC. Well, I had to reduce the graphics, but 30 fps is acceptable.

After the first mission, I decided to explore the city. Damn, I felt like I was in California again  :-D I spent my time collecting collectibles for cash. Also had some fun messing about with gangs and the peds. The world is open from the start (Thank you Ubi for finally dropping the radio towers) and apparently, you can easily get the most damaging weapon from the start  ??? >:D The catch: Only two weapons can be carried at the time and there is no attachment customization except for paint. Some weapons do have attachments on them. I spent 70200 $ on the AS50 (YourBoySerge Sniper) and I wonder how that will play out  >:D

So far, it has been an awesome playthrough and I look forward to the day I can crank up the graphics :)
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Looking forward to more of your impressions, GKID  :-X

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the weapon wheel show a bunch of empty slots?  I have not figured out how to get weapons into them, but have not really tried.  They may actually be for other things like throwables, etc.

I've not played for a few days, but am looking forward to a session soon .

OWGKID

Just raided Ubi's HQ in SF  :o Apparently, they seemed to "develop" a space explorer game a la NMS. You only get two slots for weapons, but I kind of like that design. You don't need to carry a ton of weapons that you don't really need. I miss the ability to upgrade them with attachments though  :-\\ Was that a feature in WD1, PZ?

Just wondered, have you bought the punked up AS50,  PZ? It is statistically similar to the AMR from the FC games and the Destroyer from WD1. Also, the PC retail version comes with 4 discs (only 3 needs to be installed). The additonal bonus content is a 410 MB download. Also downloaded a 90 MB patch yesterday. Game takes 22 GB + additional 6 GB for 4K texture pack ;) Oh just checked, you need to learn the throwables in the "Tinkering" section of the skill menu
LEGACY

PZ

I haven't purchased any weapons yet, GKID - just using my stun gun, a 9 mm, and sometimes an automatic weapon I pick up from the bad guys. It has been so long since I played WD1 that I can't recall modifying any weapon - I did have a sniper weapon in that game, but did not think about attachments.

I saw the tinkering part of the skills menu, but have not spent any research points on them yet. I've been putting all my points into maximizing the gangs skills.

I might get the game for the PC one of these days, if I don't encounter any of the stupid kind of missions that Ubi seems to be loading into games these days - an example would be the giant lucifer "boss" in FC3.  I was so dismayed to see that kind of foolishness in the games I would normally like. That's probably why I keep going back to the older games.

OWGKID

Okay, well I enjoy this game a lot :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Me too - I'm planning at least 2-3 hours tomorrow morning  ^-^

OWGKID

With a new GPU, WD2 looks amazing. Some pictures I have taken. Most of the settings are maxed out. The PC Gaming Wiki is happy with the port of WD2. Plenty of options to adjust and the game doesn't suffer from issues found in previous UBi PC ports :)

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" height="300" />

Options menu

Bottom of it.

Reflections on the desk. Pretty high quality ones :-X

At the Nudle (Google) Store

A car decides to kill itself, following a hacker related accident :-()

Police pursuit through SF

Everybody here recognizes this beast?  >:D

Recycled WD1 weapons. Most of them are used by the AI

Presumably Mason Street. Same place we stayed at during our trip to SF

In the street. No sign of the hostel and the parking garage located there in real life.

LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Graphics look amazing. But something whispers we got another GTA lookalike. I find the pics a bit too polished. Well, the stuff I see on the pictures I mean. All a bit too bright and perfect. Although the pic at the docks shows some nice atmospheric effects...

Gotta see more I guess, but the graphics quality is very nice indeed :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Visit Oakland - lots of ghetto stuff  :-()

Quality looks great!

OWGKID

Rockstar employs a graphical "artifact" called Chromatic abberation. Basically, put rainbows on the edges of an object/texture. Very noticeable in a sniper scope. I don't know if R* uses a physically based render for GTA V.

There is a sharpness setting in WD2 where you can define the sharpness and the edges between colours. I do believe I adjusted that a bit.
LEGACY

Binnatics

I tend to be a bit prejudiced when it comes to developers who create games that look like GTA games. Thinking GTA is the only true GTA, and the rest got to be crap. :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

OWGKID

There is indeed only one GTA ;) A lot of open world games today takes inspiration from GTA due to the elements it introduced and GTA works as a staple on how it should be done.
LEGACY

OWGKID

More pics from my SF adventures.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" height="320" />

Water vs fire in WD2

A dropped smart phone

Can I blow your head off with my .50 cal? >:D

Cockpit view, press the Down button on the D-pad to enable this. Also, press Up to pull out a drive-by weapon. Default seems to be the MAC if you don't have another type of one handed weapon equipped.

A car killing itself with a boom following another hacker accident  :-()

Whoever linked explosives to the ctOS systems deserves to get blown up...

At least the SFPD have the decency to arrest people rather than shoot-and-kill as the LSPD  :laugh:  :angel:
LEGACY

PZ

Nice pics, GKID - looks like you're having some fine adventures  :-X

OWGKID

Yes, I have  ^-^ Bought the Supreme Pack paintjob bundle today. Included a gold paint option for my weapons and vehicles  :-D Unfortunately, paintjobs are currently available on DeadSec weapons  :-\\ Would be nice if Ubi allows that for the military ones. Then, I'll bring with me my golden AK again  :-D

Money is easily collected from dead cops/gang members. They drop at least 180-250 $ in cash and if you manage to make a huge shootout, you could collect 2000+ $ instantly.
LEGACY

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

Very cool!  I've not managed to play any video games recently, but hope to do so soon.  ^-^

OWGKID

Latest patch inadvertly resets your ScoutX progress and reduces mag capacity of the AS50 to just 1 round >:(( Online players called it overpowered and Ubi agree ::)
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

Now, it makes it completely useless in SP :-\\ I'd better uninstall the latest patch and play in offline mode for a while...
LEGACY

PZ

1 round magazine!  ???

I think I set the capacity to 150 rounds in my FC2 AS50, and sometimes that is not enough  8-X

OWGKID

I also found out I cannot call in enforcer class executioners on online operations anymore  :'( I play them alone which is nice, but why the heck did Ubi nerfed that?!
LEGACY

🡱 🡳