Watch Dogs 2

Started by OWGKID, June 08, 2016, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

Yeah, I haven't seen video game discs in a looong time ;) Or it might be just a code :/
LEGACY

PZ

Game has finally released, and looks great from a graphics perspective.  San Francisco is the setting instead of Chicago this time.  Can't wait to try to play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4icR3swVOU

OWGKID

I went to the midnight launch and tested the PS4 version. What annoys me is the low amouth of peds/vehicles in the streets ???? Also, the game seems to barely run on the PS4 (I guess that was a pre-release copy at GS). Lots of motion blur, low quality to no AA on long range objects and screen tearing  :angry-new:

I guess they probably ran into issues regarding draw calls/object limits. Would not surprise me considering the s#!t hardware present in the PS4... Even GTA V beats the game in terms of vehicles/peds present in the street. Looks like last gen GTA levels of life in my opinion...
LEGACY

Art Blade

funny that "Ubi" doesn't rhyme with "s#!t"  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

:-\\

I was going to pick up the PS4 version, but maybe I'll wait to see how public opinion goes, or until the PC version comes out.

I don't mind the fewer cars though - having lots of cars on the streets and packed sidewalks is too nightmarishly real.

OWGKID

I find it more immersive if there are more stuff around to shoot/kill  >:D The PS4 Pro version doesn't run any better, even when the console is advertised as a upgrade. Ubi did develop it for the current gen, but no one knew on that time that Sony and MS had to offer refreshes due to the poor hardware.

I can agree, I guess there would be a lot of annoying "hack this" promts from every car/ped on the street 8-X But having just 3-6 cars around you really makes the game feel void of life...

LEGACY

OWGKID

Just pre-ordered my San Francisco edition on PC. Yes, I should  have waited for reviews regarding how it runs, but hey, I miss California  :-D

I believe patches should have fixed the PS4 performance issues for now,  PZ ;)
LEGACY

PZ

Sounds good GKID!

I'm definitely going to do the PS4 version first because that is the platform that I can game on the most.  I have it set up in my bedroom, and the wife likes to sleep late, which allows me to do 2-3 hours of PS4 gaming in the mornings.  :-()

OWGKID

Yep, the package is expected to arrive on launch day  :-()
LEGACY

PZ

I'm planning to go in to town today, and now you have me motivated to get the game!

OWGKID

:-D Let's hope you have time to play it ;)
LEGACY

PZ

:laugh:

I've been playing Uncharted 4 for the past couple of days, and enjoying the heck out of it.

Art Blade

damn, now GKID too starts to pick up on the habit of posting RIGHT before someone else does  :laugh:

And PZ just as well! It really IS a habit here!

--

Dang, PZ.. do you plan to add an extra life for gaming to your current one? Otherwise I'm not sure how you're going to manage to play that vast amount of titles you've already got on your to-play list  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

@ AB  :laugh: :-X

You're so right AB!  However, I got off my lazy a$$ and setup the PS4 in the bedroom with the new TV so I can at least do some console gaming in the morning before w@&k.

I purchased Watchdogs 2 yesterday, and prepared to do an overnight install of the first day patches. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the patch was so small that it finished downloading even before the game had installed on the console's hard drive.

So far it looks like they delivered on the graphics part of the game, and you start right off in a starting mission.  I like the feel of the game, and the smart phone is really useful in this iteration of the game.

It kind of reminds me of GTAV with the beautiful scenery and driving aspects.  I really like the hacking of virtually anything, and it has been funny to hack into people's phones an d transfer money to my growing bank account. The fact that this game is built upon the old series Person of Interest is mostly why I like it so far :-()

I also like the open world nature of game play where you can choose to go hot and loud, sneaky with your cheating, or silent and stealthy.  I've just been exploring SF, and like the way they made the city.  Cars are cool as well, with many realistic looking old classics.

I haven't done but a few missions yet because I don't want to spoil my adventure, as I suspect I will eventually be disappointed.  8-X

One nice thing GKID is that there appear to be plenty of people wandering the streets, and plenty of cars as well, at least for me.

Art Blade

^-^

enjoy the game, PZ :)

OWGKID

Cool  :-X Again, I assume that youtubers/streamers/GameStop demos was a pre-release build which was probably not that optimized compared to release ;) Nice, I need to wait until tomorrow, god damn time zones...
LEGACY

PZ

Thanks AB!  ^-^

I'll be looking forward to your impressions, GKID  :-X

OWGKID

I look forward to get back into town again. I remember the mood at the GameStop store in SF, lots of people there was eager to get the game :)

Digital copies are available now and PC port seems to be OK according to reddit. This version also includes an optional 6 GB UHD texture pack as a separate download. Not sure about total disk space required other than the 50 GB recommendation. I ordered physical media and Komplett is likely busy with the Black Friday deals which need to be shipped first... Will report when I get my box :)
LEGACY

PZ

OWGKID

Had a talk with customer support. They were indeed busy wth Black friday orders :D Anyway, I don't mind as long I get my goods delivered :)
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

Well, my friend is waiting for his GTX 1080 and he ordered it during Black Friday ;) It seems to run very good on PC, but some pople still have problems even on high-end systems. Probably forgot to update drivers, or they simply decides to use demanding settings. Again, I wonder why people are that stupid to try them out and then blame the devs for "poor" optimization... Or, the game might need some patches.
LEGACY

OWGKID

Ah, looks like my retailer finally sent my order  ^-^
LEGACY

Art Blade

nice, enjoy and have fun :)

🡱 🡳