Playing the series...

Started by PZ, January 29, 2012, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm now in ACB, and I must say that it is total fun due to the fact that I forgot almost all of the details of the game.  Just in the beginning of the game, I just now achieved the opportunity to recruit assassins, and am busily doing so.

A funny moment: when I was making friends, I encountered Bartolomeo, and he was thrilled to see me.  He wanted to introduce me to hos wife, and yelled her name in his characteristic way. "Pantalosea!  Where are you Pantalosea!"  Ezio remarked "Did you check behind the table?".  This line stems from AC2 where Bartolemeo was frantically searching his headquarters for his love Bianca.  The way he was carrying on lead you to believe that he was searching for his mate, when in fact Bianca was his sword, which he found behind a table.

Interesting bits of humor injected into the game.  ^-^ :-X

As an aside, I am also doing the glyph puzzles.  I poured a Courvoisier in a large snifter, and it only seems appropriate that I solve puzzles while I enjoy that fine brandy, Sherlock Holmes-style.  :-()

Life is good.  ;)

JRD

Your comment on another post about the quality of the graphics in AC2 and AC:B compared to AC:R made me want to check what AC1 looks like. I found some videos of Altair in Damascus, a city I remember as being just beautyful when I first played the game. As I have Constantinople fresh on my eyes with Ezio's detailed outfits, Altair's robe's and Damascus looks so raw now!  They truly improved the graphics over the series. AC1 still great looking though!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I agree - for it's time, the graphics (especially the buildings and landscape) in AC1 were stunning.  I thought that the AC2 graphics were even better (which they were)

Now I compare the incredibly detailed costumes we see in ACR to the flat colors and zero texture of the capes in AC2, and am amazed that the developers could get that much detail rendered and still have plenty of performance to make the game run.

PZ

I started a new play through Brotherhood the other day and it has been like a new experience.  Of course I remembered some of the things, but for the most part because my memory is not that good I am able to go through the game with a new eye.  I am just at the part where recruiting assassins is possible, and I have lots of them to recruit because I've liberated many of the Borgia towers.  What I like about this play through is the thought that I've been here before, but I can't remember the details so my approach is fresh.

I'm enjoying the game so much that I just purchased it for the PC and it only cost $8.88.  I think that I'll get Revelations as well since it is also cheap (less than $20)

Tags:
🡱 🡳