Changing weapon slots

Started by PZ, October 03, 2011, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

And I can't let anything survive, either :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dang, wobatt, that was an excellent find - +1 for that!  :-X

Now 'm wondering if changing the weapon slot to zero in that line would accomplish the same thing

My current patch compilations do not complete, probably because I reinstalled FC2 to vanilla to get rid of all the official patches (to get my tapes back), but this is definitely something I want to try

wobatt

Hi PZ, changing the slot to 0 will make it replace the machete, only removing or commenting out the line entirely has this effect.

PZ

stoatoats

Hi guys,

I made / am making a mod (found here http://www.moddb.com/mods/realmode/) and I have played around with weapons in different slots quite a bit. I have a version (not released) where any weapon can be assigned to any slot, but it takes a bit of w@&k in game to set it up. In the released one however, dropped AI weapons are picked up as special weapons. Both of these outcomes are created by creating a string of new weapons and associated pickups. IE the weapon you pick up, isn't the weapon they dropped.

I have also once lost my machete haha. A side effect of assigning more than 1 weapon to the machete slot can result in the machete being dropped when picking up a weapon that is assigned to the machete slot. It does seem stable with just having a single other weapon assigned to the slot, the flare gun is the obvious choice.

Also, if you save a game with some weapons in default slots, then change the patch files to change their weaponclass, you can then double up on all weapon slots, pushing the button twice to cycle between the weapons, I had a save game where was carrying 8 weapons!

PZ

Good find stoatoats  :-X

+1 for adding to our modding ideas

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

For some reason, I could ONLY have a pistol in the machete slot :o :laugh: :( I was unable to cycle between the G3 (which were not in that slot, but it should). The mercs couldn't use any weapons and they didn't drop it even if I killed them  >:(( :laugh: I started a fresh game, but I will experiment with an old save  ^-^
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳