Armored vehicles

Started by Art Blade, August 30, 2011, 11:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

3) Armoured Vehicles

(as usual, gamemodesconfig.xml)

Acquire a repair manual for your desired vehicle. You don't actually have to repair it, sitting in it already makes it nearly indestructible. The example below is for what we call an AT/P (Assault Truck / Patrol) and I couldn't believe it when I tried the tip "make your vehicle combat-ready" by smacking the engine bonnet with my machete to make it pop and start to emit smoke so I could repair it, loads of times, nothing happened -- then I tried the wind screen (usually I want to get rid of it because it gets dirty quickly and you don't see much while driving) and I couldn't break it. Then an ATP came by and was so nice to shoot at me frontally while I watched from behind my bullet-proof wind, err, bullet screen  ^+-+ They kept firing at me for like 30 seconds, perhaps, and I got bored so I killed them  :-D The actual repair time is like produce the screw driver and that's it  ^+-+

<!-- ============= VEHICLE MANUALS BONUSES  ============ -->
         <Plan name="rover_vehicle_manual" object="rover">
            <bonus attr="degradation" value="-95" type="percent"/>
            <bonus attr="repairtime" value="-95" type="percent"/>
         </Plan>
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Setting the degradation value to -999 allows you to blow your vehicles up and STILL drive them  >:D >:D ???
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

aleeque

Hang on a second.

Do you mean the enemies were shooting at your vehicle for 30 seconds while you were sitting inside it? Or did you hide behind your vehicle letting them shoot at it?

What I mean is: does buying an upgrade actually make the player less vulnerable to bullets while inside a vehicle? Or does the upgrade only make the vehicle stronger while the protection to the person inside it is still the same?

edit: I tested it and it does indeed seem to provide more protection for the player when you buy the upgrade! Wow, these things are much more valuable than I thought.

Art Blade

:) We were talking about a modded vehicle stats, the manual was modded to be precise. Using that manual turned my car into a bullet-proof armoured vehicle so I was indeed sitting in it while they were trying to shoot me through the bullet-proof windshield ;)

Vaatho

I've spent a good few hours toying with the vehicle files trying to up their default HP and have probably found the value for it (look for fhealth in the Chassis section), but I cannot use the recompiled file whatever I do. Sometimes it crashes during the loading, sometimes when it spawns the modified vehicle ingame, but it will always crash for some reason. Makes no sense, since the patch modifies the multiplayer vehicles by default.

If anyone succesfully managed to compile the patch with modded vehicles, I'd love to know how you did it.

EDIT: Hmm, just had an idea... There might be a conflict with the files in the DLC folder. I'm going to check.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳