Survival gamemode tips

Started by OWGKID, April 20, 2015, 10:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

At rank 15, a gamemode called "Survival" is unlocked. This mode pits 1-4 player(s) vs 10 waves of enemies. Over the course of the game, enemies will use more powerful weapons. The enemies range from rednecks (Boneyard, Sandy Shores, Saw Mill Plant) LSPD/Gruppe Sechs (Industrial Plant, Scrapyard, Legion Square and Maze Bank) and The Lost MC (Del Perro Pier Survival).

Weapons are also available to pickup during this mode from spawns and enemies.

Enemy weapons

• Pistols
  • SMG (MP5)
  • Carbine Rifle
  • AK-47
  • Assault Shotgun
  • MG(PKM)
  • Combat MG (M249)
  • Minigun

Pickups

• Combat Pistol
  • Pump Shotgun
  • Sawn-Off Shotgun
  • Micro SMG (Uzi)
  • Carbine Rifle
  • Advanced Rifle
  • AK-47
  • Combat MG
  • Grenades
  • Sticky Bombs
  • RPG
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Heavy Sniper

Stock up food/additional armour. Very annoying to die due to health packs/armour being impossible to reach due to enemy gunfire. Use the inventory (accessed by the "M" key (default). Food can be bought from the various food stores (marked with a basket icon ????) or looted from dead enemies.

FOOD

• P's & Q's (You need to eat 6-12 of these to heal completely) Max capacity/Price: 30 pieces, 1$
  • Meteorite Bar (Gives large health boost) Max capacity/price: 5 pieces, 4$
  • EgoChaser Bar (Gives small health boost) Max capacity/price: 10 pieces, 2$
  • eCola, stored (Gives medium/large health boost, will heal max if bought from vending machines) Max capacity/price: 10 cans, 10$
You can eat any type of snack in combination to heal yourself, not just one of them. ;)

Some maps have good spots where you can camp and rain down fire.

Del Perro: Camp behind the walls on the parking lot on the other side. (LMGs/sniper rifles recommended, enemies spawn on the opposite side)
Sandy Shores: Camp on the barber store roof (avoid the corners facing the climb up spot, enemies may hit your a$$). I'd recommend to stick to the walls in FP, you're able to hit the enemies and the enemy will not have a good chance to hit you. Sniper rifle recommended  >:D >:D
Boneyard: Camp behind the barrack (watch the flanking spot for shotgunners  :D)

On wave 4, 7 and 10 helicopters will fly in. Take out the gunners so you can have the helicopter flying aimlessly around near the end so you can loot enemies :-() >:D Shoot them with the Heavy Sniper in the rotor to make it spiral to its misery or make them go boom with the Homing Launcher.
Wave 3, 5 and 9 will have enemies spawn in vehicles. Destroyed vehicles reward RP.

You will KEEP THE WEAPONS PICKED UP DURING THE SURVIVAL AS LONG YOU DON'T LEAVE GTA ONLINE/START ANOTHER LOBBY (unless you have them at AmmuNation ;) :-D
LEGACY

Binnatics

Good guide GKID! +1 for that! :-X ;)
I noticed you are quite experienced on the survival gameplay, and I like it so far. But it's extremely hard for a rooky with not so tough body armour. How exactly do you eat while fighting? Is there a quick-eat-button?
And how do you stock up additional armour?

I hope I lvl up my skills quickly to be of some use in the game.

Btw; I noticed, not only in online but in story mode as well, that I'm a lot more effective using pistols than using rifles. Pistols have almost no recoil and the aiming works quicker imo. Do you experience the same or is it just me?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

You need to open the Interaction Menu and scroll down to "Inventory". In the inventory menu, scroll down to the "Snacks" / "Armour" and pick your food/armour to wear  ;) I'd recommend to eat snacks when in cover/3rd person mode so you don't need to wait for the eating animation to finish before you can eat another snack.
There is no quick eat button I think  :-\\
When purchasing armour, the menu shows how much armour is stored in the inventory. It looks like this: (0/x) where "x" is how many vests you can store in the inventory.

I'm using a gamepad so I don't know. I usually use automatic weapons (ARs, SMGs, LMGs etc) so I don't feel that ;)
LEGACY

PZ

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

Thanx for the tips on using the inventory GKID! That was my next question :-D

There's so much to learn on GTA Online. It's not like a simple click and go shooting people kind of thing ^-^

Is there also something like a special ability, like all SP characters have? The driving skill for F, the Rage mode for T and the shooting thingy M uses?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

Although you didn't ask me, I use the original MS Xbox 360 for PC. I find it extremely useful in this game (usually not a game pad guy at all but had to find out the hard way that Logitech's controller is not good due to a massive dead zone and the remaining bit makes it nearly impossible to perform precise small movements)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on April 22, 2015, 09:41:18 AM
Which gamepad do you use?
The Xbox 360 controller ;)

Quote from: Binnatics on April 22, 2015, 08:53:56 AM
Is there also something like a special ability, like all SP characters have? The driving skill for F, the Rage mode for T and the shooting thingy M uses?

Nope. I guess online would be pretty glitchy if one where to enter slow-mo and unbalanced.
LEGACY

Binnatics

Quote from: GKID7891 on April 22, 2015, 10:21:52 AM
Nope. I guess online would be pretty glitchy if one where to enter slow-mo and unbalanced.

You wouldn't say that if you'd played MP3 online! They did a great job making these abilities w@&k in a multiplayer environment, making it influence multiple players in positive or negative ways.  :)

OWGKID

LEGACY

🡱 🡳