Open World Games Crew

Started by Binnatics, March 15, 2015, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Excellent! Welcome Art Blade :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

I created a new Emblem for the crew today:

[smg id=7797]

The online emblem creator is very good. The only thing I miss it the ability to draw or brush. You can only use prefab figures, that can be adjusted in many ways.
In this emblem, the Jackal was constructed out of strokes I picked and edited from the symbol picker. You have symbols, or figures, in a variety of themes. If you're lucky, the thing you need for your emblem has a prefab edition, like a skull, a pistol or a tribe.
You can adjust the order of the symbols you introduce, so you can decide which symbol needs to overlap others. Like the layers you may know from Photo-shop.
You can adjust gradient colour schemes and you can adjust the opacity of a layer / symbol.

The good thing about using prefab figures it that it is relatively easy to copy earlier designs; the moon is a copy of the first OWG emblem, in a somewhat simplified appearance.
It would've been cool though if a finished emblem could be used as an uploadable picture though, or if you could just grab and adjust a number of layers together. That way it would have been even easier to use the original emblem for the moon :)

Anyway, on various occasions I learnt that having to deal with limits greatly enhances your creativity :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

I promoted all owg members to 'crew representatives' :)
That means you can all recruit new crew members for our 'muscle' department. Needles to say players should agree to our motto ;)

Art Blade

wow that looks very nice, Binnatics  :)

+1  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

Thanx guys ^-^

For when we are all the highest rank ;)

PZ

I guess because I installed using physical media, my game is not listed in the Steam client, but instead, in the Social Club.  Too bad

OWGKID

We can still play together I hope ;) :-()
LEGACY

Binnatics

I'm sure! I played together with many guys who don't own the steam edition of MP3 and still appear in RSC. We can find eachother without Steam :)
It would be nice to have it running anyway, for group chat sessions during heist, but maybe the game provides good in-game voice chatting anyway :)

Binnatics

Look at the nice big emblem on the back of my heist outfit :)

[smg id=7967]

[smg id=7968]

I've been busy finding out where you can put crew emblems on and where they will show. On cars it's a bit disappointing, because there's not much choice. Some cars show the emblem to the side, on the drivers door. But not on the right. Most show the emblem on the hood, but usually quite small. I'd like to buy a Burrito (large Van) and have a massive emblem on the side, but that's not an option. It will give you a small one on the hood instead :-\\

Here's my ride with the emblem to the side; the beers on the ground are all empty, that's why the vision is a bit blurred :-D
[smg id=7969]

PZ

That's really cool, Binn - is this for online only?

Binnatics

Yep! Well, you can customize your clothing and cars anyway you like, but the crew emblem (and the female tough :-D) ins Online-only ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Today I felt like creating my first crew emblem. Here it is:

[smg id=8150 type=preview align=center caption="OWG by Art Blade"]

PZ

Very nice, AB; now I see where you got your avatar  ;)

Art Blade

PZ

Welcome - that deserves a +1  :-X

Art Blade

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

Binnatics

Cool indeed +1  :-X

... and I made it active ;)

Art Blade

I'm flattered. Cheers, Binnatics :)

This is how it looks
[smg id=8151 type=preview align=center caption="new crew emblem"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

🡱 🡳