UBI -- the rant topic for you

Started by Art Blade, November 17, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

Let's hope they actually care about the PC version. I hope you don't run into problems with your GTX 980 (No asynchronous compute capability on those cards compared to AMD's GCN cards, HD 7xxx-Rx 3xx series) under DX12 if the game uses async compute (smoke particles, water, grass, hair and other graphical details)

LEGACY

Art Blade

the good thing is, I don't care about UBI :-D No matter what they do, it's not going to affect me.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on April 14, 2016, 12:19:34 PM
the good thing is, I don't care about UBI :-D No matter what they do, it's not going to affect me.

Wait a minute, this is a RANT topic. Simply ignoring takes the needle out of things...

I expect UBI to keep selling the game to all users stating that for nVidia card holders there will be drivers. Which will turn out to be BUllshIt. Be warned and wait for a couple of months untill the bugs are fixed.  :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Binnatics

YESSS!!!!! INDEED!!!!! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!! >:D >:D >:D ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

nexor

I'll even consider buying it under the table  8-X  >:D :angel:

OWGKID

LEGACY

OWGKID

Apparently, Ubi have have changed their E3 policy, they WILL NOT use "pre-rendered" demos, but show how it actually looks on their target machines. From Guillemot: "With E3 2015 we said, OK, let's make sure the games are playable, that they're running on the target machines. When we show something, we ask the team, make sure it's playable, make sure gamers can immediately see exactly what it is. That's what we learned from the Watch Dogs experience – if it can't be played on the target machine, it can be a risk"

Also, the Far Cry/AC games may not re-appear for some time, they definitely ate the bullet and realised they are disgracing themselves with annual releases.

Also, they also seem to have one game for free on Uplay (definitely a welcome change) per month. As a part of Ubisoft Club, I can get a 20% discount with 100 Ubi points?!  ???. Yes, you can get multiple discount codes  :-D Sometimes, they do free MP weekends for their recent titles, Rainbow 6 Siege is an example.

Thx for the change, Ubi  ^-^
LEGACY

PZ

I like seeing how the game will look when being played. Trailers are not of much interest to me.

nexor

Quote from: OWGKID7891 on October 23, 2016, 09:33:00 AM

Also, they also seem to have one game for free on Uplay (definitely a welcome change) per month. As a part of Ubisoft Club, I can get a 20% discount with 100 Ubi points?!  ???. Yes, you can get multiple discount codes  :-D Sometimes, they do free MP weekends for their recent titles, Rainbow 6 Siege is an example.

Thx for the change, Ubi  ^-^

Are they groveling ???

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on October 23, 2016, 10:23:07 AM
I like seeing how the game will look when being played. Trailers are not of much interest to me.

I think they saw what happened with No Man's Sky and took the hint.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

Yep, but E3 2015 was before the launch of NMS. Of course, they probably learned their lesson before that ;)
LEGACY

PZ

I think they suffer from anterograde amnesia, and thus, have not learned anything.  8-X

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

UBI learned something: how to stay in business.

🡱 🡳