ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sorry to hear of your problems, AB - it is always disheartening to lose your progress.

Thanks for posting your backup solution - how exactly are you backing the file up?

Art Blade

copy - paste.

Copy the files from the original savegame folder to somewhere else.

And right now, I'm done with the game until they come up with a new patch.  >:((

It doesn't matter what I do now, I used various savegame backups and it keeps randomly crashing. The last thing I tried was a savegame from before upgrading a massive armour coat for 140,000 livres. I tried to play the story mission and eventually randomly crashed. I used it without going for the main mission, accepted a 5-diamonds coop game, we were JUST about to go to the finish of it, basically successfully done, when my game crashed on me.

The save game size seems to be always 75,xxx bytes after a crash. The other savegames started with 40k and are usually now 61k but the crash save is 75k.

For some reason I can't play this game without crashing anymore, and I haven't changed a thing about my configuration. >:((
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Assassins bugs and Creed glitches!!! mmm........  think I'll wait for FC4, be out here in a few days  ::)

Art Blade

I just sent a bug report to UBI's support and attached my corrupted savegame files.

nexor.. FC4 might start off just as bad :-()

Art Blade

Quotegame-breaking crash causing corrupt savegame

Guys.. I can't play any more. My career (savegame) doesn't load anymore.. I tried a backup, happened again. Different backup, still a new random crash. Always corrupting the savegame. I played like 45 hours without any problems and haven't changed a thing. I'll send you my savegames so you may analyse them. Please fix it :) Thanks

Your Question has been Submitted.

Please use the following reference number [redacted].

An email has been sent to confirm that we have received your question. In addition to the confirmation email, you should also receive a response to your question by email from Ubisoft Support within the next few business days (Monday - Friday).

If you need to update your question, click the 'My Question History' button above and click the corresponding reference number. From here you can update your ticket with any additional information or provide any attachments (images, Dxdiag, etc) we may need.

You may also click the 'Close Ticket' button if find you no longer require support while awaiting our response.

Art Blade

maybe this fatal bug is related to patch1.2.0 aka patch 2, some of the posts at the steam forum suggest that. Just as I jinxed, they fixed something but broke something else.

I just updated my ticket with UBI support

QuoteI suspect it is due to "patch2" -- with version 1.1.0 I had no problems but 1.2.0 seems to be the only explanation since I haven't changed anything. By the way, I made savegame backups from the start, about 35 different stages. If you need anything, please let me know. Thanks

PZ

Maybe a bug that was introduced in an earlier save?

That's really bad news about the patches that break things.  Likely it has to do with the save game, and maybe starting anew would be the fix.  Not that I am suggesting it on your part, but the original bug might be so severe that the save based on that version might no longer be compatible with the current patch.  I would think that Ubi would build in some kind of legacy routine for current saved games.

fragger

Yep, they should. It's unreasonable to expect players to have to abandon their existing playthroughs because of "fixes" to problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Stiku

I actually use a software called RadeonPro, that has a feature that runs scripts pre-start and post-finish, so I have made a javascripts for all of my active games to backup the saves if the system hasn't reported that the game which was started didn't encounter an error when exiting.
Also the script will bring the computer to full power status, normally I run my CPU at 1600mhz and R9 290 at GPU at 300mhz and memory at 150mhz, just to save some power, and also I can pretty much run the computer without the watercooling/memory/HDD fans being on, Silence is golden.

PZ

So true - silence is golden.  My fans come on even when I play FC2.  Doesn't matter that much because I use headphones, but not that pleasant none the less.

PZ

Although we had a mission breaking glitch, all we needed do was restart the mission and all was okay.  I was playing with my son and another guy, and we were doing a 4-person co-op mission when I jumped down to assassinate a sniper on a balcony.  I landed within the wall, and could not get out, so I had to abandon the mission.  However, my partners were able to complete the mission and gain their rewards.  No big deal to me though, because I can go through the mission again in the future and have just as much fun.

A slight annoyance, but not a deal breaker.

Stiku

Sure that was a bug and not an assassins tactic to "become the wall"  :angel:

What I've read on the ubi forums is that when the game crashed it means that your saves go with it.

PZ

:laugh: :-X

I think that happened with AB, but my game didn't actually crash, but I became stuck in a spot in which I could not escape.  Maybe that makes a difference, but I have no idea.  However we were able to restart the mission after we had done another or two, and everything went fine the second time through.

Funny thing - we were in a different co-op mission when other strange things occurred, but we were all able to go through to the finish and all went well in the end.  While it was not perfect fun to experience the glitches, the overall experience was good none the less.

Art Blade

I found out that backup #28 worked. Out of 32, which was the last one before the crash. The other backups caused the game to crash eventually.

Nevertheless.. the fear remains that I might do something that causes a new crash, which obviously wouldn't be my fault because a game is supposed to w@&k. Also, progress made like until the major crash will be lost. I lost a 140k armour and coop game experiences and prize items.. can't just undo that.

Like you, PZ, I came across weird things in coop, basically game breakers as in a mission objective couldn't be achieved as it didn't trigger. I got booted out of two coop missions without explanation or warning, landing in my SP game without knowing what the hell just happened. During other coop games, four players were there but the next objective wouldn't trigger, one guy left the game and, ding! there was the objective and the remaining three guys could continue and a new guy joined. Stuff like that.

Art Blade

I updated my ticket with UBI support and submitted save game files again that should interest them.

QuoteI found a backup that seems to w@&k. I could do the main story mission now that previously kept crashing. Before, it also crashed during free roam. I think you might be interested in comparing that savegame that works and another one that you can load but will cause a crash.

Binnatics

The coop glitches remind me of the ones in Far Cry 3 coop; mission goals not triggering, getting kicked out without reason... :angel:
The game crashing and destroying savegame bug sounds awful. Takes away all the fun in gaming, if you know any progress is insecure until you make your own backups.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

the problem is to go backwards in your backups, load, play and.. crash. Finding the right one takes time and you still don't know whether or not it's going to happen again. Makes it feel completely insecure about "can I really keep this?"

Stiku

Reminds me of Art and mine co-ops in FC3, tower not exploding, bombs cant be picked up, being invulnerable, me not hitting anything expect the wallpaper on my desk...

Binnatics

The bug section is almost four times the size of the fun section. Ubi got some catching up to do, especially with those savegame bugs. I hope they fix that soon, so you won't be so busy 'outside the game' anymore.

And yep, I remember those, Stiku ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

god damn it. Had another crash with a corrupt savegame as the result. I'm not sure but it is either u-play interfering (I bought an upgrade and then the game told me that I had been disconnected from u-play but the game required being connected to it, or it is buying certain 5-diamond items, or participating in coop games. The first crash I reported here was after purchasing a particular coat. Now I have a different one, works, participated in a coop, was ok, but then I bought a new gold-plated pistol for the first time and.. later it crashed during free-roam. Now I am using the savegame that I was able to finish a story mission with, did not buy new gear nor participate in coop and.. strangely enough, I was able to continue with the story.

That's unacceptable.

Art Blade

PZ

That truly is unacceptable, AB  You should at least be able to play the game without it crashing.  A certain amount of bugs is to be expected, I guess, but crashing should have been worked out a long time ago.

On the console, I do not even have the option to save a game to another location, so if my game becomes corrupt, I'm screwed.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 15, 2014, 03:38:30 PMLikely it has to do with the save game, and maybe starting anew would be the fix.  Not that I am suggesting it on your part, but the original bug might be so severe that the save based on that version might no longer be compatible with the current patch.

The only reasonable thing to do right now. Which I did.

Binnatics

It might indeed have to do with Uplay connectivity. What you describe about savegames of a constant amount of memory not making sense to the progress may as well be some sort of anti-hack thing that gets triggered by losing connection to Uplay. Maybe Uplay then thinks you cheat and corrupts your savegame.  ????
Or maybe it's a bit over the top paranoid thinking of me, which is what usually happens when confronted with these types of problems.  :angel:

Oh, what PZ suggested makes indeed more sense. Hope it works, matey!

Tags:
🡱 🡳