Witcher 3

Started by PZ, April 06, 2015, 01:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I just purchased The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for 2,99€ (80% off) as a steam special offer  :-()

If you play W2 and keep your savegames, your decisions made will reflect on how W3 plays as it will read out those savegames. I know that a tattoo from W2 on Geralt will still show in W3. Cool.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Ha! There he is again! :laugh:
[smg id=8774 type=preview align=center caption="dejavu 2"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 31, 2016, 10:41:05 AM
If you play W2 and keep your savegames, your decisions made will reflect on how W3 plays as it will read out those savegames. I know that a tattoo from W2 on Geralt will still show in W3. Cool.

That's really cool  :-X I wish more games were like that

fragger

Nice reporting and pics so far Art :-X Glad you're having fun with it, looks like a pretty cool game.

Art Blade

cheers :) I'm enjoying the game tremendously.
[smg id=8775 type=preview align=center caption="Ciri turning heads"]

PZ

Nice!  ... not like most of the skanks in FO4  8-X

fragger

Art Blade

the Skanks of FO4 vs the Noice Lasses of W3  :laugh:

Come get some :-()

[smg id=8776 type=preview align=center caption="Yennefer turning a blind eye"]
[smg id=8777 type=preview align=center caption="a herbalist"]
[smg id=8778 type=preview align=center caption="intensive care"]
[smg id=8779 type=preview align=center caption="at your service"]
[smg id=8780 type=preview align=center caption="Keira"]
[smg id=8781 type=preview align=center caption="Sasha"]
[smg id=8782 type=preview align=center caption="blacksmith"]

and some other shots. The game designers really were cool when they implemented one key (home) to switch the HUD on and off, whenever you want. :-X

[smg id=8783 type=preview align=center caption="moon"]
[smg id=8784 type=preview align=center caption="sun"]
[smg id=8785 type=preview align=center caption="dusk or dawn"]

PZ

:laugh:

I like the phrase FO4 skanks.  There is  a reason guys are creating character skins for the FO4 characters.  I must admit the W3 people are much easier on the eye.

Art Blade

not all of 'em are. The dark spots where the eye should be are flies emerging from that flesh dumpling and buzzing around her head.

[smg id=8788 type=preview align=center caption="W3 skanks"]

Art Blade

Back to the XP part.

So far, after the first couple of levels which needed 1,000XP for the next, it has been 1,500XP. At the beginning I was confident when I gained sometimes some juicy 350XP and some still handsome 200 and so forth, only a few with a measly 50.

Now. Now I came across two or three quests that smothered me in a fabulous amount of 7, the latest even 2 Experience Points. Seriously.  :D

[smg id=8789 type=preview align=center caption="XP orgy"]

Binnatics

Strange. As if the amount of XP is reduced when you do quests of a difficulty level (or complexity) that you've done before. In that case you will have to find new quests who are more complex or so...
(;\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

???

Looks like we'll need to do a W3 v FO4 skank contest.  Man, that was a truly scary ugly W3 skank, filthy with flies

Art Blade

Binnatics, I don't know when or why the amount of XP changes. I get apparently random XP quests, some still surprise me with another 250 and some such while there are also 50 and the likes. Depending on your luck picking quests and random locations (like treasure hunts) the XP is good or bad but at least the loot is mostly quite nice.

PZ, there aren't that many fugly slappers in W3 as there seem to be in FO4. :-D The example given above is probably the worst. I don't want to post pics of all three of "The Ladies of the Woods" as they're called. They're pretty nasty evil beings.

Oh and PZ, you can mod this game. Even cheat if you get the console enabler mod from nexus. ;)

Console enabler for patch 1.21 is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1555/

Best source for console codes (forget IGN, they're a sham) is to be found here
http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 03, 2016, 11:11:29 AM
PZ, there aren't that many fugly slappers in W3 as there seem to be in FO4. :-D

:laugh:

That's good news about modding - thanks AB!

Art Blade

welcome :) given the sometimes slow development regarding levelling-up, (hey, 2XP for a mission..) as well as being constantly next to broke, a little boost from the console commands doesn't hurt me. Also, if you're fed up with constantly bumping into wolves and other nagging monsters, it's cool that you can get rid of them with a couple of slaps if you're so inclined. I really like the story but I don't want to spend ten times longer just to be able to defeat some opponents. I would, eventually, defeat them anyway so why not speed up the process a little. Same with money. Why spend ages making a coin just to get back to that particular shop where you saw something of interest that was too expensive when you saw it..  and when you get back (given you haven't forgot where it was) with sufficient money, you might be presented with a respawned shop inventory and the item might be gone. Or you keep spending a lot of time and in the end you'll get it anyway, so.. get the money and buy it instantly? Sure :) You'll still have to play through a sheer endless amount of missions. And I like to focus on story, not on wasting time. ;) Frustrated by some big opponents that you might call "boss?" There is a command called 'likeaboss' that makes you deal blows that take off 40% of the MAX health of your opponent.. one, two, THREE! BITCH! :-D

PZ

Bosses!  ???  :D

Art Blade

nope -- just big monsters you might call "boss." Big is relative. If you're a low level worm against a big bird, you might call that bird a boss. If you have levelled up enough to have turned into a massive snake, that bird will likely call you a boss.  :-D

PZ

phew... I had mental images of that idiotic demon in Far Cry 3  8-X

Art Blade

no. Judging from what I have come across so far, there sometimes are those boss-like creatures but usually you're not on your own when it is time to fight them. Whoever is fighting alongside you will actually deal some damage and you can try to get behind the opponent while the other people fighting with you may serve as a distraction. Dealing blows from behind is a lot more powerful than frontal attacks. Plus you have your own magic stuff.. you can use some type of spells (signs, they can be levelled up in your character development, known as skill tree) and additionally your gear can be ramped up so it amplifies your power. It may be some weapon-enhancing oil that you had crafted and applied to your sword or some rune stones forged into your sword (or both) as well as glyphs woven into parts of your outfit. Your character's level as well as the type (and level) of your swords all add up. Obviously it adds up better the higher the single parts are levelled. :) And.. you can mod your way out if you want. As this game is so epic, I do use some cheats and to me it is far more enjoyable this way.

There is something else, however. I know many of you guys don't have time or the nerve for long cutscenes. Playing this game involves a lot of talking during which you'll have to make choices as to what you're going to say or ask. Usually you have several options, mostly there is one choice that cancels out the other options but if you start with those, you will end up with that one option which will take you to the next part of the conversation. Don't take them lightly as it is not always clear what the consequences are and believe me, some will only play out quite a bit later so you can't just go back and change your mind. Sometimes you think you do the right thing but later you'll find out what you really did.. and sometimes you can only choose between two bad outcomes yet you won't know that. Until quite some time later. Very interesting concept :)

It is not a "switch on, shoot, switch off" type of game. You will need to have time to play it.

PZ

Yes, the conversations remind me of Fallout.  Your choices set a new path in many instances.

I recall modding Dragon's Age, and I imagine this would be the same.  As to the general philosophy of modding, I think it is a great way for individual users to tailor a game to their personal liking.  Kind of reminds me of going to a car dealer and choosing your vehicle, deciding on the color, seats, and all other options until you have achieved what is perfect for you.

Art Blade

hehe yes  :)

The game is designed in a way that you're considered some sort of dragon slayer, you hunt down creatures like monsters and demons no one else could get rid of. That's why some of those boss-like opponents you fight are just in the centre of your job description as a witcher. You're not some slob from a local pest control company who exterminates bugs. You kill the big stuff. :-D Modding may help you get past those obstacles as if they were mere bugs. In my opinion, it only shortens the process of what is inevitable. I much rather spend my time enjoying the story and all the other stuff. Basically, we're working magic anyway, so why not use "magic" mods..  ;)

PZ

I'm enjoying the story line in games more these days - that's one reason I like Uncharted 4.  The story plus seeing something new around every corner kept me engaged.

Art Blade

Oh you will see a lot during your travels across this game's world.

[smg id=8790 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 01"]
[smg id=8791 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 02"]
[smg id=8792 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 03"]
[smg id=8793 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 04"]
[smg id=8794 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 05"]
[smg id=8795 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 06"]
[smg id=8796 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 07"]
[smg id=8797 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 08"]
[smg id=8798 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 09"]
[smg id=8799 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 10"]
[smg id=8800 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 11"]
[smg id=8801 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 12"]

Art Blade

Sometimes I come across battlefields. They look quite alarming.
[smg id=8841 type=preview align=center caption="battlefield"]

Some scenery I liked
[smg id=8842 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 13"]
[smg id=8843 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 14"]

and something not half as pleasant.
[smg id=8844 type=preview align=center caption="past her prime"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳