The Strypes

Started by Fiach, September 07, 2013, 06:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

A few teenagers from ireland causing quite a stir here, released their first album yesterday, very impressed with them, they are like a breath of fresh air after all the fucking boy bands that tend to get excreted through Louis Walshes arse.

The Strypes - What A Shame

The Strypes - You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

the first vid was blocked because "it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights" -- did you realise it read "may" ??? What the.. are they now waiting UNTIL they are allowed to display music vids? >:(( :D

The second one immediately reminded me of The Beatles. However, I completely agree with you regarding "all the fucking boy bands" ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Hopefully you can see this one, its recorded live in a bar in the midlands in ireland, It's quite interesting because its the bass player on harmonica and the lead vocalist playing the bass, both of which are really fucking good, these guys are only 16 ffs!  8)

The Strypes - Got Love If You Want It (LIVE)

Fiach

Art Blade

thanks mate, I could see both of them now :) Impressive for 16-year-old lads to already play like the pros and draw such big audiences. "Got love if you want it" with swapped roles is remarkable indeed.  :) The live concert, except for the blues, was a tad to rocky for my taste but I could still recognise their talent. Of all those songs, "you can't judge a book by the cover" is the one I like best :) In total, to me it is in a way like blending The Who and Janis Joplin, sort of. Maybe it's just the sound of the 60s.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on September 07, 2013, 12:12:46 PM
thanks mate, I could see both of them now :) Impressive for 16-year-old lads to already play like the pros and draw such big audiences. "Got love if you want it" with swapped roles is remarkable indeed.  :) The live concert, except for the blues, was a tad to rocky for my taste but I could still recognise their talent. Of all those songs, "you can't judge a book by the cover" is the one I like best :) In total, to me it is in a way like blending The Who and Janis Joplin, sort of. Maybe it's just the sound of the 60s.  :)

Yeah all those, maybe its just being an old fart I like it so much :)

As for the concert in Glastonbury, if you watch it to the end, the energy they come up with as they finish the gig, I havent seen many pro's make such an effort tbh. :)

Art Blade

it was nice, yep :) Did you see one guy was sketching them with a pencil and a note book?  :-D

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on September 07, 2013, 04:05:12 PM
it was nice, yep :) Did you see one guy was sketching them with a pencil and a note book?  :-D

Yeah, that was pretty unusual, in this day and age, you would expect everyone to have a smartphone with a camera :)

Art Blade

maybe they recorded that live gig in the 60s?  :-D

Fiach

LOL, yeah with the guitars clothes and sounds, it could very well be that instead :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳