Steam controller?

Started by PZ, November 03, 2015, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Anyone heard/know anything about this device?

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/steam-controller/121865

What sounds intriguing is that you can use the controller as digital/analog, or both. I've tried a couple of controllers for the PC, and neither has been a good experience (nothing like the PlayStation controller, which I kind of like)

mandru

I dropped down to the bottom of that linked page for the purchaser's opinions and couldn't find anything that approached what could be considered a glowing review.  ;)

I think the best I could find was something like "Eh... It's OK."  :laugh:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

The bad part about any of these hardware additions is that you have to purchase it to discover that it is no good  \:/

Art Blade

that line of yours could just as well be someone's insight describing sarcastically an unhappy (or unlucky) marriage. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

That old cut-up Groucho Marx said ""Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?"  ;)
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

I once saw a bumper sticker that read, "is there a life after marriage?" :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

Binnatics

I think the steam controller is a serious alternative for players who love the free aiming ability of a mouse. I will wait though, until I can read some reviews. Many ppl who use XBOX or PS controllers are negative, but I see this device as something that might finally convince ME into using a controller.  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

PC Gamer had a recent roundup of controllers and I don't recall them being very excited about the Steam controller either. But then, I didn't pay much attention to the article as I already have a controller, so....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳