Memorable Moments

Started by Art Blade, June 25, 2009, 12:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Here you can share with us memories of special moments and encounters (hopefully some funny, too)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Not really a true ARMA2 moment, but kind of funny for me anyway - have been playing in a town called Zelenogorsk and found a bus stop - they are even marked on the maps.  I was able to sit down on the bench, and I waited for a while but no bus came. :'(

However, the funny thing for me was that even though the town was completely deserted, I still had a hard time running down the roads - kept expecting to hear vroom....vroom... squeal... "Well, look what we got..."

Art Blade

nice one :) I am actually already creating a mission that makes use of a bus stop ;D I too keep thinking any minute I'd be hearing "Did you catch that?" - "Let's check it out!"  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting - you mean you can actually use the bus for travel?

Art Blade

if you use the edtior. You have to assign waypoints and a driver, and the driver has to wait for you, and will pick you and/or your team up. At least that's how far I got with the editor, but I'm no expert :)

PZ

Wow, this keeps getting better all the time  :-X

gvse

Well, I had one yesterday. As cheytac sniper I am hiding among some trees helping my team eliminate Guerrilla fighters in Kameny. It's 5am and I use night vision if necessary and refer to the map to check if my team mates registered hostile activity nearby. Turns out there is a tango trying to flank me so I frantically start scanning the horizon and bam I see movement among bushes some distance away. Promptly I switch to aimpoint zoom, scan again to locate the dude, and I am really tense as I realize once he locates me I am dead, and finally i got it but... it's a bloody boar roaming in the bushes.
Another time, in the middle of an intense firefight I had a rabbit running like mad straight at me lying prone trying to take out hostiles with an mp5. I nearly jumped as the animal was bloody fast and heading for a head-on collision with my gun. ;)

JRD

hahahaha... thats a good one gvse...

Maybe the guerilla are training animals to suicidal missions  :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hahahah, gvse, I can relate, LOL! A boar! And that rabbit... holy moly  ;D

hehe, JRD, how about strapping a ton of dynamite to a rabbit and sending it off to wreak havoc... I can almost hear the screams of those people caring about animals to have me lynched for comments like that  ;D It's a bloody GAME  ;)

PZ

That's a great story gvse, and one many of us can relate to!  Everyone who plays FC2 notices that the flotsam flying in the air looks surprising like a merc with a white shirt running in the distance.  I can't count the number of times I've been flanked by a piece of floating white debris  ;D

Art Blade

can you borrow me your glasses, so I can see that too?

ahhhhhhhh. damn, don't do that, I can't resist ;D ;D ;D

gvse

Quote from: Art Blade on July 25, 2009, 08:14:33 AM
hahahah, gvse, I can relate, LOL! A boar! And that rabbit... holy moly  ;D

hehe, JRD, how about strapping a ton of dynamite to a rabbit and sending it off to wreak havoc... I can almost hear the screams of those people caring about animals to have me lynched for comments like that  ;D It's a bloody GAME  ;)

Actually, there a script which allows you to tie explosives to a sheep and it will detonate once it gets near an enemy soldier. I haven't tried it yet but i might soon :)

Art Blade

cool! All we'd need then would be a sound file of the bleating and exploding sheep  ;D

PZ

Although this one doesn't qualify for an in-game moment, it sure does qualify for a "moment".  My wife said to me "How's your new game going?" to which I replied in a guarded manner "good..." and she responded "why don't you show me" (not really a question; it was an order) so I did.  Then she said words to the effect "you suck at this game - why don't you go to boot camp - sounds like it will get you the experience you need"

lol, it's a good thing I love my wife...  ;D

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

cz

Must believe in starting at the beginning. ::)

Art Blade

hehehe, women  ;D

Hello and welcome to our boards, cz  :-X

JRD

Thats a good one...
... so here I am... searching northeastern Chernarus for hidden enemy sentry posts and bump into an enemy patrol. Open fire, give away my position and realise the patrol is not alone, another group of enemies nearby (must be a sentry point)... down one, down two, my men giving some led when I get shot... wounded but alive... corpsman comes to aid and now Razor team has only a heavy gunner and a marksman to hold enemies.
I switch to marksman as my character is being medicated (or whatever that animation means).
Heavy gunner supporting fire and me, as a sniper, get behind cover and bring one running enemy down, then another and another... they were flanking us and would've gotten us too easy. I also see the heavy gunner's tracers flying away and bringing one man down through my scope  ;D
My character is recovered and corpsman is back to fight again... heavy gunner is all right too so we give chase and finish all enemies off...

To bring some running foes down is just thrilling in A2  :)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Sounds so realistic when you describe it  :-X

RedRaven

did it, did it did it at last, succesful take off, flight and landing with a chopper :)
used all weapons entire payload BUT hit absolutely eff all :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I had luck with the chopper when I used auto-hover, but when it comes to the jet - I ended up stuck in a tree!  ;D

RedRaven

tried the A-10 which was like flying a brick, then tried Harrier which is Over-sensitve. reckon be sticking to good old Main Battle Tanks for now/
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

there are some savage "Spider Trees" on these islands :(

Art Blade

the two of you, get a bloody joystick  ;D

RedRaven

you can stick your joy stick, i`ll stay on the ground blowing up al the A.A. guns trying to shoot you down, hows that for a solution ;D

🡱 🡳