Game Performance Scores

Started by RedRaven, August 23, 2009, 12:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Here is something i found that is not only a bit of fun but could also be used to help get the best out of A2 on your system.

Its a simple mod that runs 5 tests with the game, scores each individually, then gives a Total at the end. get from this link

people can then post scores and compare.
the idea is already in use in the Bohemia Interactive Forums (but for OWG members who dont want to sign up to it thought we could do it here?)
  the mod goes into the Missions folder and is selected as a single player mission from the in-game menu.

Suggested Basic Settings
Texture Detail - Normal
Anisotropic Filtering - Normal
Terrain Detail - Normal
Objects Detail - Normal
Shadow Detail - Normal
PostProcess Effects- Low

and also include CPU,RAM,GPU and Operating System.
aswell as that posting score with it run at the regular settings you actually play game at .

My score on NORMAL was a shocking 1192 which is low, guy on BI forum had a score in the 3000's.
that was done at the settings listed above at 1024x768
SYSTEM INFO
CPU = AMD athlon Dual Core 4200+
RAM = 2 gb
GPU = nVidia 9500GT
O.S = windows XP, service pack 3

not even going to post score it gave at settings was playing on as its abismally low.

give it a go and let us all know your score, and if you got any tips to improve performance then why not share them too, people are always grateful for a better runing and looking game. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

probably a good idea to let us know the amount of ram the vid card uses, ie GTX260=896mb

Tests are good if you repeat them say 3 times and get the exactly same result. The more the results differ, the less precise is the test. Background tasks such as virus scans, defrags, etc may influence the test.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Because I updated my video drives for JC2, I decided to try ArmA2 to see if there is any change in how the game performs, and I'm happy to report that all the lag issues that were present under certain circumstances are now gone.  The game performs as fast as FC2  :-X

RedRaven

Nice, can imagine it looks really slick now.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Isn't it amazing (or annoying) how a "simple" driver can hamper or boost performace even if you have a top notch GPU and processor?
Too bad it is not standard to all games - a new driver should improve performance overall, but we know from experience that a new driver can boost one game and wreck another!

Not jinxing you, PZ...  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

true, I downgraded to my current driver when the last one after this turned my FC2 into treacle.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I'd better check out FC2 tonight - have not done that yet  ;D

Art Blade

let's hope it still works :) I'm lucky, I can download that driver of yours and enjoy JC2 because it will be on a different OS than FC2... there my current driver will keep it smooth  ;D

PZ

phew... I just tried FC2 on my original settings - very high in all categories and it worked perfectly.  Then I moved up to ultra high in all, and it still worked perfectly.  Evidently the new drivers have addressed many issues.

Art Blade

thanks for that info, PZ  :-X

🡱 🡳