Mission: Delaying the Bear

Started by JRD, August 14, 2009, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

After being officially declared MIA, Razor team remains in Chernarus to help NAPA restore control of the country to its people as well as gather any evidence of Russian presence helping Chedakis.
You are left behind with what you had when escaped the FOB manhattan, so you better have the right gear for the job.

Your mission is to follow with a NAPA convoy to the NE of Novy Sobor, from where you will commence an assault to important Chedaki controlled areas.

You start in a castle ruin NE of Elektrozavodsk and head north towards Msta. There is not much you can do but hop in the truck and let the driver take you on a short trip..
As you get close to Msta your truck is ambushed and you and your men disembark. Msta is full of enemies and one BMP, plus a Mi-24 is supporting the firefight.

Unable to proceed by the road, you have to go on foot through the woods to rendezvous with little John NE of Msta and proceed with the rest of the convoy.

You just run Forrest, run. Little John will be there and you should have no trouble finishing the mission as the fight takes place in the village.

[smg id=1192]

Next, you begin a series of assaults to Chedakis bases and move west in thrilling battles. More to come  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Great report, JRD - how do you usually travel in the game.  i.e., are there vehicles that you just commandeer or do you usually need to walk?  (I've yet to play the real part of the game.)

JRD

Usually I take a Humvee and drive while my sniper mans the machinegun.

The Humvee is by far the best option to drive. That's because it is good on asphalt, dirt road or even completely offroad, cutting across large areas of grass or even trees. Besides it can carry the four of you and has a MG in it  ;)

If you bump into enemy patrols you can just zoom past them or disembark and engage because your sniper will alert you in advance.

In Bitter chill enemies are sometimes in crossroads with vehicles and armor so, before you know, you'll be dead. After you know by heart where they are, walking is not a bad option, or make your own way with the humvee  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Ahhh..., I see - your comments reminded me of an assault truck with mounted grenade launcher in gvse's Hide & Seek mission.  That gives me an idea to edit a mission in which I an the leader of a team using that bad boy and see where that gets us.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳