Bring a Mi-24 down with one shot

Started by JRD, August 14, 2009, 09:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

there will be one in OFP2 , its in the trailer JRD posted about ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Not much more to wait for OFP2: North American stores on October 6, Europe on October 8, then October 9 in the UK - this is one that promises to engage quite a few OWG members  :-X

Art Blade

;D <rubs hands> <drool>  ;D

Here's an image of FC2 dune buggies.

[smg id=1325 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: PZ on August 29, 2009, 04:58:36 PM
Not much more to wait for OFP2: North American stores on October 6, Europe on October 8, then October 9 in the UK - this is one that promises to engage quite a few OWG members  :-X

cant believe here in the UK we got to wait till 9th :( .....

and i bet no UK forces for it either  :'(

..... going off to sulk for a bit now.....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

lol, if I could get the game 3 months in advance, you gents would probably still be better at playing it than I am!  ;)

(My hand-eye coordination in games seems to suck  ;D )

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 31, 2009, 11:04:37 AM(My hand-eye coordination in games seems to suck  ;D )

Hand-Eye. Interesting... your hands coordinate your eyes? As in "what your hand-controlled mouse does is what you're going to see?"  ;D Probably a good idea to make it Eye-Hand coordination. As in "What you see is what your mouse is going to aim and shoot at"  :P :)

ouch! <ducks thrown mouse>
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

haha, that's the point - my hands do coordinate my eyes!  ;D

RedRaven

thats probably where something like that Track IR system comes in handy, as you can keep moving in one direction but use it to look and target elsewhere. specially with things like choppers and heavy armour.

Also, has anyone seen the PS3 version of COD modern warfare 2 ?
comes with its own set of night vision goggles..... rather interesting thing to add as a game peripheral.

Art Blade

Maybe FC2 "gold edition" will come with both a machete and a golden AK47  ;D

PZ

It's just my luck that the best game I ever played is not supported with additional content and I lament the eventual demise of FC2 as we find other games to enjoy.

RedRaven

we will just have to wait and see what FC3 has in store seeing as they have said it is "in development" tho i agree, FC2 has alot more potential than what is presented in the game as is, on the plus side without FC2 there would be no OWG! that on its own is something that i'm personally greatful of.
For a long time playing games i would never entertain the idea of signing up to any forum until finding OWG. although since its release i have signed up to Armaholic i feel it comes no-where close to the sense of comunity & comradery found here.
OWG is and will always be the first site i visit every time i go online, and certainly the best place to come for good gaming advice and a hearty chuckle :-X ;D ;)

p.s. there is always still the option for ubisoft to release more content along the lines of the DLC (tho seeing as we have bought the game in the 1st place it should be FREE). or they should notice the almost 'cult' following FC2 has and have the courtesy to release a software kit so fans of the game can create there own additional content such as developers of games like ARMA, OFP and STALKER have done. As has been commented on before elsewhere on OWG it only serves to promote interest in, and the longevity of the game. :)

PZ

You're so correct on all counts - I'd not been a true "gamer" for a long time, until FC2 came along - it was so good in my opinion that it prompted me to register at farcry2world; the first time I've ever registered for much of anything (like Art, I have an aversion to registration).  Then, if they had not disbanded, we'd never have started OWG so lots of fortuitous turns of events to get us to where we are today.

Like you, I've come to be quite fond of you gents (and ladies) who in my opinion make OWG "the place" to socialize about games - cheers to all! [said with a double Scotch raised]  :-X

RedRaven

ahhhh Really wish could join in all this talk of fine beverages that goes on here, but under DR's orders not to drink any alcohol at all :(

i do miss the fine taste of a good scotch, bourbon or chilled white wine :'(

oh well, guess i'll just stick the kettle on for another cup of tea instead :-X

JRD

Hi RedRaven and welco.... wait... I know you!!!... underneath your avatar there is something that reminds me dke58...  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

thats the one, to make my life easier have had to change name (my memory is really poor at the moment due to head injuries & meds) :(

PZ

Sorry to hear that you're injured dke!  best wishes for a speedy recovery  :-X

Art Blade

Hmm, RedRaven, RR, Rolls Royce? hehe :) Nice Avatar by the way.

Never mind alcohol, mate. I could, but I don't drink :) Can count if it off on one hand in a year, almost like nothing, but even when I have a beer, the next drink will be a chilled coke :) First thing you should keep in mind is that you're getting better, not worse, if you don't drink. Stick to the kettle and get well soon  :-X

RedRaven

cheers guys, working thru it on a day to day basis, guess its the price i'm paying for an over-indulgent youth ;D .

Art Blade

god damn typos (again, found one in my previous post - why don't I see them before I submit my posts lol) ;D

RedRaven, I can't think of a better therapy than playing ArmA2 and FC2 and posting with the guys on OWG  ;)

RedRaven

Lol, couldnt agree more. also the greatest way have found to spend my 'insomniac' hours :-X

Art Blade

playing FC2 or FUEL gives me insomnia - "just one more minute"  ;D ;D ;D

RedRaven

hahahaha, know what you mean, defo a 'Catch 22' affair ;D

Art Blade

just read your new signature again, "to secure peace is to prepare for war" which reminds me of the following line: "fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"  ;D

RedRaven

hahahaha, not heard that one before, its a good one :-X   got to give credit for mine to a Metallica song. usually have them playing when blowing things up in A2, good war music :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳