Foundation Update 1.1 (base building etc)

Started by Art Blade, November 27, 2016, 10:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thank you for those impressions, fragger. Now I can play GTA and Hitman and whatnot in peace while waiting for more content to be delivered by Hello. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

No worries :)

Here's a few Freighter screenies:

Docking with the Freighter. As with the space stations, when you get close enough a tractor beam or something will pull you in. Note the proximity of the @#$%& asteroids. This seems par for the course now.
[smg id=9411 align=center width=600]

My original Skywalker Special parked inside the Freighter's hanger deck. There are three main docking areas in the Hanger, and it's a short walk from one to another. It's all one big open space, so you can see other ships come and go. There's considerably more detail than there is on the spastas, which doesn't help the awful frame rate any. Jerky, jerky, jerky.
[smg id=9412 align=center width=600]

On the Bridge. Several corridors and staircases needed to be negotiated to get here, with a few locked doors along the way. Dunno if there's anything behind them, but the lack of "Atlas Pass" messages when standing in front of them tells me they exist purely for decoration. Maybe they unlock once you purchase the Freighter and can build a base inside, whatever that entails.
[smg id=9413 align=center width=600]

"Arrr, Oi be the Cap'n of dis ship!" He's fluent in English, as you can see here.
[smg id=9414 align=center width=600]

Who says different races cannot coexist in harmony? Like humans, they're obsessed with their devices. They're probably all on Twitter (or Squawker or Grunter or whatever the alien equivalent is).
[smg id=9415 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I have yet to get back into the game. I'm waiting for the next update that supposedly will allow you to rebind the keys for the quick menus, the build one prevents me from walking backwards, as I have the Z key bound to that.

Also, I think once you do establish a base on a planet, you can build a teleport device to bring you to the station to buy and sell stuff. Not sure if you can build one on a freighter or not.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I heard that you can teleport to (and likely from) your freighter.

Dweller_Benthos

Patch 1.12 is out, and now I can play again as they allow remapping the Z and X keys for the build and quick access menus.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=275850

Other minor fixes for stuff I don't really care about as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

I'm glad you can now remap those keys. Nothing more annoying than "wrong" keys you can't change.

🡱 🡳