Perfecting the pizza crust in the indoor oven

Started by PZ, December 13, 2013, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because we really like cracker-crisp crust, we've been working on different techniques to develop the texture we like

My sweetie's idea to paint the raw crust with olive oil, then add a liberal sprinkling of coarse salt.  Here the crust just came out of the oven, and is ready to be flipped over to add the toppings.  What you see here will be the bottom.

Toppings of the evening include mozzarella, cheddar, feta, fresh Aerogarden basil, fresh tomato slices, thinly sliced beef stick

Poor focus, but the finished pizza

The bottom remains nice and brown - crust is cracker crisp just the way we like it, and the beef stick had that crispy sausage taste and feel.  The salted olive oil bottom gave the pizza an extra zip.

On the last pizza we used sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, roasted red peppers, mozzarella, cheddar, and feta

Art Blade

looks perfect, PZ, impressive skills you've acquired over time :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks AB, far from perfect, but continual improvement.  ^-^

Art Blade

speaking about improving one's cooking skills, about a little more than three years ago I would have laughed if anyone had told me that I would be going to enjoy cooking (not talking about making a sandwich or eating blended raw vegetables) Now I find pleasure in it and when I purchase some new stuff for my kitchen, I am actually happy and looking forward to using it.  :)

When I was younger I'd have tried to get a sneak peek at the girl cooking something and now.. I'd try to get a sneak peek at her pots and pans.

I think I don't quite like what growing old does to us.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

🡱 🡳