Pizza day

Started by PZ, April 30, 2011, 05:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Today is homemade pizza day.  As usual, we start with homemade crust, but this time we changed the ingredients a bit:

• sun dried tomatos
  • pickled artichoke hearts
  • capers
  • feta cheese
  • four-cheese blend
  • olives
  • pepperoncinis
  • red pepper flakes
We now make three pizzas, and eat one right away.  The second I'm about to slice up while I w@&k on my computer - unfortunately had to bring w@&k w@&k w@&k home, but at least it's a tasty day!

JRD

Sounds great  :-X

I too like to do homemade pizzas... here's a suggestion!

Slice some zucchini and put it on a frying pan, no oil, so it will loose some of the water content... when it's kind of golden colored it's ready. Now put those slices on the pizza with some homemade tomato sauce and cover with white chees - the same kind I suggested you used with the doce de leite  ;)

When it's ready, get a few fresh basil leaves and put it on top... ta-daaaaa!!

For desert, use bananas covered with cinnamon and spread any fruit jam you like on the border, fold it to form a chubby, jam-stuffed border and cook as usual... man, thats yummi  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I'm really happy that I've just had supper. I'm so full I can read that stuff like a newspaper.  ;D

Sounds great what you're preparing there and JRD's recipe is also interesting. Yummy indeed  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That does sound tasty, JRD, and the dessert pizza also - I'll be sure to try both.  :-X  Your comment about basil reminded me that I forgot to mention that the sauce base for our pizza is basil pesto.

JRD

Basil pesto as a base sauce for a pizza is formidable!  :-X :-X

PZ

^+-+ as attested to by soon to be growing waistline!

JRD

It's worth it, mate!  ;D

PZ

You sure know good food, JRD - the feijoada you recommended, and we served at our international dinner club is still the number one favorite  ;)

There was something magical that happened in the cooking of all those meats together for the entire day.  :-X

JRD

The feijoada is quite a happening here in Brazil not only due to the food itself but due to the whole preparation. The gathering, chopping, slow cooking, drinking, chatting... that's what a feijoada is about - to be with your family and friends and enjoy a whole day of feast, not just sit, eat and finish. We actually eat, drink, chat, listen some music, eat a bit more, drink a bit more, the music goes on and on... we spend a whole day like that... from the start around 11a.m. to midnight or even later...  ;)

Art Blade

I think that's a good lifestyle and chillaxed, too :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I remember you wrote how it is all about the experience, and I agree completely - we enjoyed ourselves immensely.  Although we did not spend the entire day, it was at least7-8 hours or so and everyone was having a great time  :-X

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2011, 02:26:11 AM
I think that's a good lifestyle and chillaxed, too :-X

That's us, mate... that's us  ;)

Art Blade

fragger

Great stuff, mate :-X :-D

Binnatics

Zucchini on a pizza... what a great idea!!! Definitely gonna try that!!!

At PZ: You somehow have the same taste for pizza ingredients as I have  ^-^
Great topic by the way!!! :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Gonna check out the zuchini pizza today. Good that I read the ingedients again, because I wanted to frie them in oil  ;)

I'll edit the experinece ;)

How did you 'cook' the banana's? That sounds tasty too!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I just chop the in little circles and put over the pizza pastry. The time it takes to bake the pizza in low oven should be enough to have the bananas almost melt and the sugar and cinnamon almost as a caramel  ;) ;)

Binnatics

mmmmm, jummie!!! Gonna try that as well!

The pizza was tasty, but the tomato-sauce and the zuchini got somewhat melted together. I think I'll have to try it again to make it better balanced. And use fresh tomatoes in stead of the prefab sauce I used yesterday. Maybe the zuchini should be sliced thicker, and baked less time so they still have some of their freshness inside.

🡱 🡳