The Walking Dead by Telltale Games

Started by Fiach, May 02, 2012, 12:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

An episodic adventure game based on the comics more than the TV series. It will have 5 releases, one every month.

Its not really a game as such, its not really a point and click adventure game genre that we have come to know.

The gameplay consists of a fixed camera angle and your cursor, you can move (rather sluggishly) through the environment, using your cursor to highlight objects that can be interacted with or people to talk to, or actions that can be carried out like hitting something.

Moving the cursor will be either good or bad, depending on your opinion of Inverted Control Systems, I love them....BUT there is no option to use inverted controls. What this means is that, when you are under time pressure and trying to target a zombies head, as it tries to snack on your neck and your cursor keeps moving in the wrong direction, it can be a tad frustrating to die in an incredibly easy sequence because your brain is moving in the opposite direction to where the cursor is going on screen.

Now it isnt gamebreaking in itself, but this isnt just for the combat sequences, all through the "game" as you move your cursor around the screen looking for things to interact with, the cursor is moving counter-intuitively, thus breaking any immersion and making play a bit uncomfortable.

The PC version is 25 bucks, you have to buy all the episodes together even though only one has been released. however, you can buy the episodes individually on XBOXLIVE and PSN for 5 bucks a pop.

While I will probably not buy any more episodes (its more of an "interesting" diversion than a game), I will watch playthroughs of the future episodes on youtube here :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2142204CDF1EEE0B&feature=plcp

Actually watching these videos is more entertaining than the game to me, as the guys commentary as he plays is funny, he evidently loves the game alot, so it makes it a bit more enjoyable to watch him than play a game I dont particularly enjoy, its kinda like watching a TV series of the comic books, you can watch the story unfold without actually having to play it.

Fiach : Watching other people playing a game 'cos he can't be arsed.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

Art Blade

did that with a few games that are console-exclusive which means I can't play them as a PC owner. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

🡱 🡳