Dirt Showdown

Started by Binnatics, March 15, 2012, 10:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Anyone interested in burnt rubber beware:

Dirt Showdown Announcement Trailer

I know this seems a bit too much destruction, but if Codemasters is involved, I'm sure they soak every last tear of adrenaline out of it >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

QuoteUnfortunately, this SME music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.
Sorry about that.

:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

\:/ Freakin'...... .... country of yours :knockout

Maybe this helps:

http://tweakers.net/video/5094/dirt-showdown.html
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Here's another fine teaser:

DiRT Showdown: Ultimate Hoonigan

Art, if you can't check it this way, here's an alternative:

http://www.codemasters.com/uk/dirtshowdown/pc/

By the way, this game looks more like a serious game than in that first vid. I see some nice GYMKHANA tracks and, again, SMOOTH graphics for a racer :-X :)

Art Blade

I was able to watch that trailer, very nice graphics indeed :) kind of too nice.. it may be a little too much for my rig.

PZ

Indeed - great graphics  :-X

Binnatics

Dirt is the first game that gives good DX11 graphics.

I was amazed by the change in detail in Dirt 2 already, and it worked smooth. Same goes for Dirt 3.
I've tried DX11 in both Batman AC (which was a disaster) and Crysis 2 (which didn't really impress unless you downloaded a huge textures pack too) but with Crysis it still costed me framerate drop.

I don't know why it runs so good with Dirt, maybe their design is better, or maybe a racing game isn't so demanding for graphics as the other games I mentioned.

Art Blade

Codemasters did a great job with all their racing games that I know, I never had problems with performance while it looked awesome. Maybe they know better than most how to properly implement stuff like that :)

🡱 🡳