Battlefield 4 - Fishing in Baku gameplay!

Started by JRD, March 27, 2013, 02:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Yes, scripted to the bones... absolutely linear... but looks really badass!!!  >:D

Just like Modern Warfare and Call of Duty, I sometimes consider buying one of those games when I see a trailer like that. I mean, first time through must be really cool, and the graphics...oh, the eye candy!! Of course, I would drop the game after one 'through for reasons discussed in this forum several times. But still.... damn, that looks fun!  >:D

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

impressive if partially silly footage  :)

I think I've finally grown out of that kind of war/combat games, I didn't feel a thing while watching it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

JRD

That's not the kind of game I like to play either... but destructible environment makes me think about it.

I'd like to know what's the SP campign like before getting this game. It is the kind of game meant for MP most of the time and I'd be very frustrated to get a 5 hours long campaign... which I believe is the case.  ????

Art Blade

5 hours SP.. we had that before, didn't we. And destructible environment.. remember our excitement when we saw the first vids of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising? Or ARMA II.. more or less laughable. Even CrySys.. a few trees could be taken apart, yes.. Well, I have yet to see a game with a truly believable destructible environment. However, I remember spaceboy's lavish praise when he commented on Battlefield Bad Company online which I've never played though, that game supposedly had such feature nicely implemented.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Yeah, I remember spaceboy talking about destructible environments. That's actually what keeps this game on my radar. On that video you can see the player making his way through walls to get to a vantage point and shoot the enemies on the jeep. Also, he finds cover behind a massive concrete block where I thought he would be safe but you can see the block being hit by bullets and pieces flying out as his covers starts to look like swiss cheese!

Being able to shoot through walls or blast your way through must be really cool on a game.

But again, I'd need a lenghty campaign to play, not an adrenalyn filled 5 hours shot!

Art Blade

nexor

Reminds me of BF3, Call Of Duty MW2 and MW3, there's not much of a story and too much emphasis on the senseless destruction of buildings, ground and air transport, and of course the enemy whoever they are, which by the way are like ants, they just keep on coming  ???

PZ

At first I didn't think much of the game, but purchased it so I could play online with my son.  Battlefield 3 SP was so boring to me, I didn't even get an hour into it.  However, B4 SP is quite entertaining, even if linear.  The best part is that you learn a bit of the controls for the MP game, which can be quite addicting.

B$ MP is the only online game I have ever had more than a passing interest in.  Once online in a game with up to 60 or so players on the same map, I can just sit back in a safe place and watch the battle unfold - interesting just to watch.

I did a bit of the running and gunning, which I am not fond of, but then decided to get into a tank - that was very entertaining.

I recall one time seeing an engineer kneeling while preparing to take me out - he thought I was a gonner, but I stomped on the throttle and ran him down.  I could almost see the surprise on his face as my tank ran him over.  The fascinating part is that because the players are all human rather than AI, everything feels so much more real than the robotic way the AI responds in the games I typically prefer.

PZ

Spent a great evening playing B4 with my son and two of his buddies.  One is good at piloting helicopters, so three of us piled into a scout helo and took off in search of trouble.

We easily found it.  Both me and my son were engineers with torches to repair the helo while in flight, and we were also equipped with stinger missiles.  What a sight we must have been to an attacking Havoc - three missiles coming at once (stingers from me and my son, and heat seeker from the helo)- out of a scout helicopter.

Then to add insult to opponent injury, when we were hit, my son and I easily repaired the helo to 100%, and then quickly fired off another round of missiles.

Wish I had video of that from ground perspective.

Art Blade

PZ

Within the confines of the map, it is the ultimate in open world experimentation

Binnatics

Sounds super cool PZ! That's what MP ought to be about indeed ^-^

And a great teaming experience for sure :) +1 :-X for expanding your horizon on the MP thing ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Thanks Binn  ^-^

Yes, it is an ongoing great experience.  You can now form platoons of your favorite friends and then develop squad techniques like I was describing with my son.

In fact, the other day I hopped into a Huey - the pilot was very good - his experience level is 107 (mine was 26).  I did the same techniques of repairing and stinger firing.  He thanked me for serving as his engineer (we wracked up tons of points).  He is Japanese (playing in Japan) and sent me a friend request the next day.

I also visited the game forum and noticed that people are advertising for platoon members.  There is one that I'm interested in - said the magic words - they are "mature gamers"

I can honestly say that although I have enjoyed several games (especially the AC series) since FC2, this by far has me at the highest level of "excited anticipation" to get into the game.  I even use my pad, which is linked into the server, to change loadout on the fly and even see the in-game battle map as I'm playing.

Art Blade

nice, keep enjoying it :)

That platoon thingy reminded me of FC3 coop. The best experience I've ever had is together with our guys Abletile, Binnatics and Stiku. When all four are on the team, it is just perfect, but it is equally cool with any one of them on a two- or three-man team. We beat the coop any way we want, always on insane difficulty level. :)

Binnatics

So true Art! But I must say that the linear setting of FC3 coop can't beat the massive game-environment PZ is participating in. I did some MP in GTA IV what approximated the BF4 setting in gameplay, and doing that game with a squad like you suggest as in FC3 coop would be quite an idea. We might as well buy BF4 and check it out for ourselves though :angel: ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Anyone know if B4 is cross-platform?  I'm currently using PS4

durian

As far as I know, unfortunately there's no cross platform MP.

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

I doubt it as well. Seems kind of problematic to design cross platform MP settings :-\\

PZ

Thanks; I doubted it as well, but was hoping that hot new technology might make it happen.

durian

I remember  a little game titled Shadowrun was cross-platform but the console players got crushed by the PC guys as you know, controller are no match for keyboard and mouse  :)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

I was viewing a video of someone playing Max Payne on a console. I was shocked by the way the aiming was done. Man you gotta become crazy with these controls when trying to do headshots or the like. Glad I can use the mouse for that :angel:

PZ

I so agree - playing some games on both PC and console, I can say that aiming using a console controller feels as accurate as using your feet to draw a precise diagram

fragger

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳