THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD EVAH!!! Saints Row 3

Started by Fiach, July 01, 2011, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

In order to get the last 2 achievements (out of 83) I needed to start a fresh game, coop only, and play it through with someone. Stiku kindly offered to help me out and we played.. 11 hours straight with 5-minutes-brakes worth 1 hour total. So during 10 hours of intense and insanely crazy gaming, we finished 19 missions and 17 activities, some random mayhem in between, and doing stuff needed in order to increase one's abilities (buy and upgrade stuff which also involved driving or flying around across the game world). We had phases of non-stop laughing, particularly when I saw a photographer which I wanted to activate to get $1,000 but instead erroneously abused her as a human shield and to "free" her of that situation, all I could do was to either throw her away which would have killed her or break her neck, in any way I screwed up that photographer opportunity (actually it counts as a collectible).. and stiku watched all that (and over headset heard me go, "oh nooooo, oh no oh no oh noooo!") and we both couldn't stop laughing for like 15 minutes, so hard I even got cramps laughing and we had to stop playing so I could stretch out to get rid of the cramp :laugh:

Looking forward to the next insane session. :-() We've reached a "30% accomplished" level so there is still a lot to do.  :-D

Here is just one episode, we were on a mission that involved killing aliens (some sort of B-movie production within the game environment) which was fun.  :)
[smg id=6499 type=preview align=center caption="stiku kills alien"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 15, 2013, 08:16:28 PM
we played.. 11 hours straight with 5-minutes-brakes worth 1 hour total. So during 10 hours of intense and insanely crazy gaming, we finished 19 missions and 17 activities

??? WOW!

fragger

That was a marathon session :o :-D

Reminds me of a time when a mate and I got into a co-op game of Sid Meier's Gettysburg. This was a real-time strategy game circa 1998 (Civil War-themed, of course) where players could command whole brigades of little animated soldiers either against each other, or on the same side in co-op mode. On this occasion we played co-op on the Union side. We battled the Rebs all around Cemetery Hill for about eleven straight hours and left zillions of little blue and grey corpses all over the map until finally, with no headway being made on either side, and with both commanding generals needing to go to bed to get up for w@&k the next day, we called it quits :-()

That night my dreams were filled with images of hordes of little soldiers desperately struggling against insurmountable odds :-D

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on November 15, 2013, 09:48:03 PM
That was a marathon session :o :-D

Reminds me of a time when a mate and I got into a co-op game of Sid Meier's Gettysburg. This was a real-time strategy game circa 1998 (Civil War-themed, of course) where players could command whole brigades of little animated soldiers either against each other, or on the same side in co-op mode. On this occasion we played co-op on the Union side. We battled the Rebs all around Cemetery Hill for about eleven straight hours and left zillions of little blue and grey corpses all over the map until finally, with no headway being made on either side, and with both commanding generals needing to go to bed to get up for w@&k the next day, we called it quits :-()

That night my dreams were filled with images of hordes of little soldiers desperately struggling against insurmountable odds :-D

Those dreams are very recognizable hehehe

The worst I ever had was after playing hours and hours in a puzzle game where you had to find your path through numerous blocks, stones, bombs, flames and eating scissors. Man I can tell you that next morning I did not feel well rested :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Here's a mission which I cant even remember because of that laugh attack. (I was laughing to hard that my eyes were completely shut  :'()
That session had those moments, that now aren't so funny now, but then were the BEST.

[smg id=6500 type=preview align=center caption="SR3 gameplay"]

Art Blade

lol I remember that one, you were laughing and the moment you opened your eyes, apparently, was when one of those carts blew up which gave you another laugh attack (and me)  :laugh:

I didn't dream about the game, which surprises me. I was actually expecting to dream and sleep miserably but it was all good.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Here, so you guys know what I meant about that photographer. This one I didn't screw up but the funny thing is, I discovered it (like the other one) during a mission which this time was even on a count down timer yet still I found time to do that.  :-D On the mini map you can see the blue arrow to the East which indicates Stiku's location. Not exactly near by  :laugh: "HOS" meaning more than one ho, short for whores. We needed to pick them up and return them to a collection point (erm, their "office")  :-D

[smg id=6501 type=preview align=center caption="photographer"]

Stiku

Was this the one, that I tried to get 2 whore's into a 2-seater car  :D
Took me about 5 minutes to realise, that they aren't going to fit in that coupe car and got a 4-door saloon instead.

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2013, 04:34:20 AM
Here, so you guys know what I meant about that photographer. This one I didn't screw up but the funny thing is, I discovered it (like the other one) during a mission which this time was even on a count down timer yet still I found time to do that.  :-D On the mini map you can see the blue arrow to the East which indicates Stiku's location. Not exactly near by  :laugh: "HOS" meaning more than one ho, short for whores. We needed to pick them up and return them to a collection point (erm, their "office")  :-D

Art Blade

:laugh: I guess!!  :laugh:

Man that was so funny!

Me: "Where are you?"
Stiku: "Picking up two hos."
"Alright, I have two in my car but man, here's a lot of shooting going on!"
"I have one in my car but the other one just stands there"
"Heh heh, ok..?"
"I just can't get her in, I keep trying"

And then this remark about him and one hoe in a sports car with two seats, trying to get a third in.  :laugh:

Art Blade

Stiku and I have just achieved Partners in Crime, main mission is complete. Now at 27/56 activities, finishing the rest for the last achievement.  :)

Art Blade

We are through, what a fight  :-()

100% (all 83) achievements :-X

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2013, 12:47:54 PM
And then this remark about him and one hoe in a sports car with two seats, trying to get a third in.  :laugh:

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

:)

We had a quite a few insanely funny episodes but man, it was supposed to be just grinding to get the achievement. I'm glad it was so much fun. It's a very good game in SP but definitely a lot better in coop together with someone from OWG :)

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2013, 12:47:54 PM
:laugh: I guess!!  :laugh:

Man that was so funny!

Me: "Where are you?"
Stiku: "Picking up two hos."
"Alright, I have two in my car but man, here's a lot of shooting going on!"
"I have one in my car but the other one just stands there"
"Heh heh, ok..?"
"I just can't get her in, I keep trying"

That hoe must have been a bit picky... doesn't like a threesome... or the clutch seat 8) >:D

Congrats on those achievements mates! It's a true achievement having done all that and I remember the relief when finally the sign pops up... (back in the days when I was struggling for those GfWL achievements they popped up with a ~Pling-plong* sort of sound. I can still hear it when I remember some of those hard-to-get ones :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Thanks, Binnatics :) When you're up for your achievement hunt, I'm offering to help you out  :)

Binnatics

Thank you :) When I get the time again to focus on achievements, I'm all in :-X 8)

Art Blade

We're on it. Doing some of the missions required for certain achievements  :)
[smg id=6512 type=preview align=center caption="coop war zone 4"]

Art Blade

It still amazes me, character customisation is fabulous. When not playing the game as such, creating characters is a great pastime  :-D

[smg id=6513 type=preview align=center caption="character customisation"]

Art Blade

Binnatics and I were having extended fun playing some coop for a couple of hours. Non-stop. :)
[smg id=6514 type=preview align=center caption="coop partners"]
[smg id=6515 type=preview align=center caption="help rewarded"]

Art Blade

just a funny moment. :)
[smg id=6516 type=preview align=center caption="no description"]

This could be a Saturday morning in France.. :-()
[smg id=6517 type=preview align=center caption="running errands"]

PZ

fragger

Yep, cool shots :-X :)

The last one looks like a still from some Federico Fellini movie :-D

Stiku

Why does that armypant's dude remind me of Aliens vs predator.
angry looking character...

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on November 26, 2013, 09:08:55 PM
Why does that armypant's dude remind me of Aliens vs predator.
angry looking character...

:laugh: he does look like he belongs on that movie as a predator!

Art Blade

cheers guys :-D

[smg id=6518 type=preview align=center caption="looking innocent"]

🡱 🡳