Screencaps

Started by Binnatics, December 18, 2014, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

^-^

You can patch yourself with med-kits when you are shot, when the medical symbol cross is shown. You can also apply it to an ally when he's hurt. I don't think you can apply a med-kit to a dead body.
I found out that with mouse wheel you can scroll through the various actions you can perform at that given moment, like reloading your riffle, using med-kit, or planting explosives. I learnt that in DayZ, there's quite a lot of commands the same.
Still, it happens that after a firefight and after using a mid-kit, I am still exhausted and weak. I hope I will find out what that is, and what to do against it. I assume the solution is in the hands of the medic.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

What I figured is that if you are hurt and approach a dead body, who happens to have a medkit, the heal icon will pop up and you can use it straight away.

As for the many commands, you have several menus you can eccess through keys 1 to 0 above your regular QWERTY keys. Each will present a menu with many options in it. For instace, if you press 5 in game you will see options like STATUS, WHERE ARE YOU, I'M HIT etc. So if you are in a squad and get shot and you don't have a medkit with you, press %-$ and you willcall for help. The medic or someone with a medkit will come to you (if you have one AI with you that can do it, of course) and patch you up. At this point of the game, most of the menus are not available yet but at some point each number key will have its own menu... then things start to get complicated because that's when you realize you need to memorize most of the useful combinations
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Indeed, that's going to get complicated, lol

Thanx for the advice how to call a medic. Will try next time my character starts acting like he's in pain ;)

Here's some more screencaps:
Our cammanding officer:
[smg id=7529]

Scuba diving to get in position and prepare an attack on a group of enemies with two opposite fronts:
[smg id=7530]

Some details in the village we just raided:
[smg id=7531]

A dead soldier. You can choose whether you want to see blood or not:
[smg id=7532]

Here I am busy trying to deploy an AUV (a quadrocopter in this case). It took me more than an hour digging through menus and field manuals to find out how to bloody get the thing to w@&k:
[smg id=7533]

Then it took me another hour learning to fly the darn thing and be able to pinpoint the location of some 'spotter' that were ordering mortar fire on our units. I found out how to spot them in a youtube playthrough. Found ou I can change the view in many ways and night vision helped me out:
[smg id=7534]

In both screenies you see the copter in 3rd person view. Later I switched back to 1st person, because it's somewhat easier to manage and finally use the laser pointer to lock the target position:
[smg id=7535]

Here we are on our way to the main comms tower of the island Stratis. A tactical position that should allow us to re-establish a link with the NATO headquarters:
[smg id=7536]

After using artillery to get the main defences down, we raided the base and I am exploring it inside in this view:
[smg id=7537]

Here's the results: 3 casualties, I killed 5 soldiers and I only 'reverted' once. Some results to be proud of, for a beginner :-D
[smg id=7538]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Nice pics and story, Binn  :-X

The graphic detail is excellent, and I can't wait to get the game.

I'm going to map macros to the gaming keys on my gaming keyboard for the most common functions.

Binnatics

Looking forward to those.

On a sidenote: I got the deluxe edition from steam, and while doing first time install I saw it mention the voice command thingy. Maybe I do have access to those. But before making decisions, I am not that far advanced yet, so far I'm only following orders :-()

PZ

Nice  :-X

i did not see voice commands as part of the deluxe bundle, but you never know.  I was under the impression that it was a separate company that was adding value to the game.  Keep us posted

Binnatics

You may be right, I have no idea. Anyway, I now try to inform my teammates whenever I kill a target: 5-7 is the combo, lol

Here's a bit of screenwork of the last mission. We were out at night to gather supplies dropped by a local  friendly guerrilla group. On our way to the spot we found out that things went a bit wrong, of course. After a first encounter with enemies trying to stop us from reaching the supply spot, we regrouped:
[smg id=7539]

Only then I found out how handy night vision goggles can be:
[smg id=7540]

Here you see the southern most part of the island Stratis. With a lighthouse. The light is turning, of course :)
[smg id=7541]

I also found out about the medic. You have to call for help. ~-8 and the teamleader will send a medic. Here he's patching me up, which makes you as good as new 8)
[smg id=7542]

After we found the supplies destroyed, we got the task to strike back on our enemy and clear their remaining forces in the south. We entered a group of buildings, with hiding soldiers inside. I knew there was one on the first floor of this building, and tossed a grenade in:
[smg id=7543]

>:D I did well, only 5 reverts and as you can see I killed plenty of enemies. I'm beginning to get a hang if it.
[smg id=7544]

PZ

Binnatics

Here's some more screenies of my latest adventures:

In my BinnZ's impressions topic I wrote about the mission called Breaking Even. Here you see the outpost under construction shortly after we successfully took it over. I'm moving out with my men to go and eliminate the mortar team in the area. My team is shown as little white hexagrams, and this time they do follow properly :-D
[smg id=7569]

This happened a little earlier; our supply truck, who had been waiting outside the perimeter, drive in to load the goodies. It's a good example of AI's driving skills. If they hit a wall or a structure, something that does happen quite often, they just revert and hit it again. As if they had figured the first bump should have scared the obstacle away. It also happened to me a couple of times that my own crew roadkills me while I try to make my way to another vehicle ;D
[smg id=7570]

This picture comes from the next mission. We have to pass a very busy road. Tanks and APC's come by the minute. I ordered my "Rifleman AT" (the one carrying a rocket launcher) to lock on an APC and two other men to lock on two soldiers that were standing close to it; they were something like a control post. This was my first successful attempt to let my team eliminate an enemy without casualties, and the massive column of fire is the result ^-^
[smg id=7571]

This is my hero; my rifleman AT. We had to pass another road where a single MRAP (Ifris) was patrolling. I thought to be cleaver and planted an explosive charge on the road, like I learned in the supply convoy mission. That worked out fine, but the problem was that the explosion alerted nearby enemies near that other, busy road. So in came an APC. I had saved just before that, and time after time the APC slaughtered us like rats in a cave. On my last attempt, I ordered all my men to stay prone, and hoped he'd not see us. Only my rocketeer refused to go prone. When the APC was closing in, he launched a single rocket, and eliminated the threat seconds before it would discover us: :bow
[smg id=7572]

Here we are at the factory terrain where was supposed to be a full fuel truck. The truck was there, but Bingo fuel (name of the mission) ::) I ordered my men to take place in some offroad trucks to drive to another location where possibly a fuel truck would be:
[smg id=7573]

Approaching this new location of interest I was warned by one of my men that there was another APC. I ordered my rifleman AT to take care of it:
[smg id=7574]

Here we are; we succeeded in stealing the fuel truck after a heavy firefight. I managed to steal a sniper rifle from one of the fallen enemies and we completed the mission using th alternate ending; Sgt. Miller (the one that was already my commander in Stratis) asked me to hand the truck over to him, so that he could kill the highest commanding officer with it, that was about to pass the region. I chose to agree, which resulted in another 'supply failure' :-D
[smg id=7575]

Here are the results. Unlimited savegames and putting AI strength back to 'regular' greatly enhanced the fun and after 6 intense hours of gaming I managed to bring this intense mission to an end with no casualties: :)
[smg id=7576]

Art Blade

impressive. Well done :)

And +1  :-X for all your dedication and efforts  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

PZ

Nicely done, BinnZ - +1 from me as well for all the reports and excellent screen capture stories

Binnatics

Some more views on the campaign:

Explosive charge:
[smg id=7663]

Sometimes saving gives you a weird colourful view on the landscape... almost like the mushroom-infested drug scenes in FC3/4 :-D
[smg id=7664]

Artillery fire being operated:
[smg id=7665]

Parking a drone: :-D
[smg id=7666]

Flying a drone:
[smg id=7667]

The place where I met Miller:
[smg id=7668]

Swamp view:
[smg id=7669]

Swamp sunrise:
[smg id=7670]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

???

The place where you met Miller reminds me of the arena where I killed one of the Pazzi family members in AC2

Tags:
🡱 🡳