Tips on gameplay

Started by Art Blade, February 06, 2010, 07:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

You can't always carry everything you don't want to sell, so a good idea is to find a place with a crate to use that you'd call your base of operations.

Best if it can be accessed without having to fight your way in. I used crates inside guarded areas of neutral of friendly factions. Sometimes I had to relocate and did a few journeys between both locations, always packing stuff from one crate until my max carry weight was reached, and went to the next base to stash it there, and back. Always good to have stuff at hand when you need it, and some stuff may be useful later on.

Don't sell any artefacts, they are limited, and the quick money is spent easily. Better stash them in your base and later you'll be glad to be able to combine your artefacts that you still have  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

If possible, don't use a guide who charges you quite an amount of money for a safe trip. Check the routes first, compare the costs, and only if you have vast amounts of money, spend it on the long trips. Else, walk. On your way you will likely find stuff that you can sell later on, and it is more fun. Safe travels are ok if you are carrying a lot of valuable stuff from one place to another, and you won't get exhausted if you're maxed out.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Diablo_Lobo

I know this thread is more than 3 years old, but I just discovered an issue with using this strategy.

At 2 friendly bases in the swamps, the Fishing Hamlet and the Machine Yard, when I opened the stashes, my status with the NPCs changed.

At the Machine yard it changed from friendly (green) to neutral (yellow).

At the Fishing Hamlet, I did not notice until I stepped out of the building, but these guys were really pissed (red) and immediately killed me. It was vampire's feast and I was the main course.

Ooooops.

I have modded the game with the SRP 1.0.2rc, and make several modifications of my own. I am trying to figure out what modification I made that caused such a drastic (Bug ?) change of status, and I REALLY hate to have to do a fresh install and start all over.

Has anyone else heard of anyone ever having had this issue, and know what might control the relationship status and anything having to do with the stashes? Anyone have any clues as to where I might start to look ?

Diablo Lobo.

Art Blade

No problem reviving old topics but hey, people's memories might have worn a bit thin by now  :-D

I don't know what causes your problem, sorry mate. :(

Diablo_Lobo

I appreciate the reply Art, I already started a new install and mods.

I just felt like I had no choice, going through the entire game, being attacked for opening the box stashes would not be much fun, and I was still very early in the game,

But I do appreciate the quick response.

now back to the zone ........

PZ

I can't help either, but best of luck in the game  :-X

Art Blade

a good idea might be to add one modification at a time, play a bit, see if you run into problems, and then add the next one. Rinse and repeat. Like that, you may find out which modification caused your error, diablo_lobo :)

Diablo_Lobo

Quote from: Art Blade on July 03, 2013, 08:58:06 AM
a good idea might be to add one modification at a time, play a bit, see if you run into problems, and then add the next one. Rinse and repeat. Like that, you may find out which modification caused your error, diablo_lobo :)

RGR that, and if I discover what caused it, I will report back here.

🡱 🡳