Far Cry 4 the cut content - Ajay's Missing House Upgrades

Started by JRavens, September 01, 2015, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRavens

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

These were all upgrades they had in the files for Ajay's house that did not make the final cut. Too bad... some of them sound really funny.

I tried re-enabling them in the game, but unfortunately they do not have the required scripts, textures, models, etc. to make them w@&k. :(

Hope you enjoy this brief  glimpse behind the curtain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVSY4amoyI
And all this science, I don't understand...
It's just my job, five days a week

PZ

Cool = I enjoy finding things in the code that didn't make production.  Reminds me of the black mamba part of FC2

OWGKID

Nice find  ??? If those items were enabled, I would finally have something to waste my cash on  8-X
LEGACY

JRavens

Quote from: PZ on September 01, 2015, 09:32:02 AM
Cool = I enjoy finding things in the code that didn't make production.  Reminds me of the black mamba part of FC2

Yep! :)

There were a lot of cut animals, characters, vehicles and at least one weapon (not counting the ACE) as well.

I'll do up a post sometime about all the other "what ifs" ;)

JRavens

I hear ya GKID  :-X

I think they throw wayyy too much money at you and having more stuff to buy would have been cool. Wouldn't have minded a wardrobe with different clothes for Ajay to buy too. Kinda bored looking at one sleeve up / one sleeve down all the time :)

And how about a shiny new sports car to park out front (...and drive off the cliff  :laugh:)

Ah well. Maybe some day.  ;)

mandru

That was amusing.  ^-^

There have been several locations that I've come across that had all of the earmarks of being a location for a side quest or a point in the story line but then time restraints or UBI's second guessing themselves pulled the plug on it being a significant part of the game.

I was playing using the infinite ammo cheat which means I was avoiding gathering cash after collecting all my weapons in one of my many FC4 replays.  It's a pain to have to stop and empty out my wallet when I'm not buying ammo.  There's only so many things to buy when playing in that mode. The cheat makes treasure chests, hijacking supply trucks, other targets of XP opportunity, and the loot on takedown skill something I avoid.

I found a spot I've lost track of (I believe it was somewhere in Central Kyrat) and never really tried to find again because after an hour of going over it with a fine tooth comb I established there was nothing  there to find.  It was laid out like a lush park designed along the lines of what would be a challenging paintball battle zone with plentiful cover options and while an occasional pair of Min's troops would randomly spawn from time to time they had no heightened AI sense of using the area strategically.

It was too well designed to have been randomly generated.  Someone or some team had spent (who knows how many hours) laying out this area with foliage covered burms that lazily spiral in towards a defensible raised central area and then ultimately it was left without utilized.

A lot of the rewards (skill unlocks and weapons) for different accomplishments also seem to be stretched out over the course of the story line to the point where gaining them is anticlimactic.  It seems at some points they are dispersed throughout the game more to keep you playing rather than actually becoming useful at key game points.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

JR, nice find on the house upgrades :) It would have been cool indeed to have had access to them in the vanilla game.

While I was there, I checked out your YT channel and your other vids. Hehe, nice idea swopping characters in FC3. It gave me a good chuckle watching Jason in Vaas's place and on top watching him talking in the crazy voice of Vaas really cracked me up -- same with the other characters you swopped :-X :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRavens

Haha thanks Art. I had a lot of fun with that. It's kind of a hidden treasure as no one has really done a playthrough of it on YouTube (though I sure tried to get it some love). There's some crazy, crazy moments like a pirate heavy gunner gettin' funky on the dance floor of a Bangkok nightclub during one of the flashback sequences.  :laugh:

I also added all kinds of hidden treats throughout (like Wilson the soccer ball during the escape from "Jasons" prison camp  ^-^).

Fun stuff :)

Art Blade

Nice :-D I almost feel like doing another playthrough just to see that stuff :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRavens

Quote from: mandru on September 01, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
That was amusing.  ^-^

There have been several locations that I've come across that had all of the earmarks of being a location for a side quest or a point in the story line but then time restraints or UBI's second guessing themselves pulled the plug on it being a significant part of the game.

I was playing using the infinite ammo cheat which means I was avoiding gathering cash after collecting all my weapons in one of my many FC4 replays.  It's a pain to have to stop and empty out my wallet when I'm not buying ammo.  There's only so many things to buy when playing in that mode. The cheat makes treasure chests, hijacking supply trucks, other targets of XP opportunity, and the loot on takedown skill something I avoid.

I found a spot I've lost track of (I believe it was somewhere in Central Kyrat) and never really tried to find again because after an hour of going over it with a fine tooth comb I established there was nothing  there to find.  It was laid out like a lush park designed along the lines of what would be a challenging paintball battle zone with plentiful cover options and while an occasional pair of Min's troops would randomly spawn from time to time they had no heightened AI sense of using the area strategically.

It was too well designed to have been randomly generated.  Someone or some team had spent (who knows how many hours) laying out this area with foliage covered burms that lazily spiral in towards a defensible raised central area and then ultimately it was left without utilized.

A lot of the rewards (skill unlocks and weapons) for different accomplishments also seem to be stretched out over the course of the story line to the point where gaining them is anticlimactic.  It seems at some points they are dispersed throughout the game more to keep you playing rather than actually becoming useful at key game points.

Yeah mandru I know what you mean.

I think they got rushed towards the end... oh heck you KNOW they did ("come on we have to get this out before the holidays!") and lots of stuff was put on the chopping block.

Although that area you find *might* be used in a side mission or something. I notice they setup areas especially for certain missions. Also depending on which Amita/Sabal mission you do things can play out a little differently. Not 100% sure about the specific area you found, but I just mean there may be nothing special most of the time, but maybe it's setup for some specific use later on when they will spawn waves of attackers or maybe a bomb mission where the bombs are scattered throughout etc. Far Cry "cutscenes" are all rendered in the engine (they're actually a type of machinema if you will) and they LOVE to spawn all sorts of objects and characters to setup the scenes. But again I'm not sure about that particular area and you could be dead on that it was something they abandoned.

Another example is "the Goat". There's no real payoff or wrapping up of loose ties with this serial killer who has been running around Kyrat and putting weird evil masks on his victims. In the end you find "his house" with a lame sort of suicide note / last will & testament and some loot, but it's really anitclimatic and doesn't  really come to a good conclusive ending. I found an entry in the shop file though where it looks like you were supposed to get some kind of final note: Black market/Z CUT Final mask note.

The weapons are given in weird "clumps" and after odd missions so yeah I definitely agree with ya there about needing some better polish. I think in late development the focus shifted to "try and stretch it out more" ("but also finish it up fast because we gotta ship it")

I think mostly they did an adequate job of finishing up and giving us a fun game with a lot of content, but surely a few more months of creative development would have brought some awesome extras to the game for sure.  :)

I don't think we'll ever see a return to the days careful plotting out of interesting locations and balancing of resources over long play. Now the focus seems to be just how many minigames, collectables and side missions open world games can cram in to give us "more content" and "the largest sandbox yet"  :-\\

I have a lot of hope though that the genre is evolving and I'm just happy that OWG is actually becoming really popular and we are seeing more and more of them come out.

Looking forward to Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Homefront: The Revoltion, Fallout 4 and todays release MGS Phantom Pain (man-oh-man I wish I had enuff $$$ to bye Metal Gear... ugh come on paycheck daddy need s new OWG to try!). Interestingly my wife doesn't seem very happy about any of these games. I wonder why?  :angel:

mandru

JRavens, about the Goat's Mask collecting activity.  I found a note penned by the Goat that gave the location X:684.7  Y:674.1 which turned out to be a bi-level cave with a bunch of the loot chests and a few scattered weapons and some ammo. *(Standing at the lower mouth of the cave I noted the location as X 684.4  Y 673.9)*

Because I'd been directed specifically to this location by a note left supposedly penned in the goat's own hand I though there would be some kind of a showdown or at the very least a big reveal about the identity of the Goat.  Other than the loot listed above the cave was pretty much a bust.  There was a Goat note there in the cave but it was just the often repeated "I saw floating through the market - Your life is mine to pick when it's time" nonsense.   ???

Yeah, there's an unlock that comes with collecting all the masks but that pales in comparison to what the pay dirt for more of the backstory information about the Goat could have been worth for someone trying to unlock the mysteries of the game.  :-\\

:knockout

- mandru

JRavens

Yeah I found that too and had the exact same feeling.

What's interesting about the cut shop note is the description says "one of TWO sets of coordinates to the goat's hidden location"

I think there was meant to be more to the goat story, but they truncated it and just left the world note (which I think they give you as a way point to anyway - so not like you have to puzzle it out really) and just went with a "here have some treasure" payoff. Lame  :angry-new:

Supposedly there's an unusual spawn of a royal guard charger under the goats "hideout" after the masks are collected, but there's nothing unique about him :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFSE4-y9uOQ&feature=youtu.be

I don't even think you have to collect all the masks for the unlock (only like 20). Not even sure you get anything special for collecting them all other than that little treasure hunt...  :(

mandru

The wandering Sherpa (shop on the hoof?) might just be the Goat.  That orange duck recipe he keeps talking about is a little creepy.  :laugh:
- mandru

JRavens

THAT's creepy?? What about the fact that he constantly appears wherever we go? ("Helloooo! Looking for a deal today?")  :shocked

Though to be fair "Well, you are leavin' a trail of human breadcrumbs, Mate. Helen Fuckin' Keller could keep up with you"  >:D

Yeahhh I don't trust him...   ????

OWGKID

Quote from: JRavens on September 01, 2015, 12:45:19 PM
There's some crazy, crazy moments like a pirate heavy gunner gettin' funky on the dance floor of a Bangkok nightclub during one of the flashback sequences.  :laugh:

I saw that video some time ago  :laugh: You should do a similar thing with Far Cry 4  :-D
LEGACY

🡱 🡳