How to increase the value of diamond briefcases

Started by Knightmare, May 12, 2012, 11:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightmare

I was poking around the extracted xml files looking for a way to disable the desert pass-out effect, when I found something interesting.  In 25_OA_MissionPickups.xml, there are the settings for the diamond briefcases.

The four sections are named MissionPickups.DiamondBriefcase, with _LVL1, _LVL2, _LVL3, and _TUTORIAL_ONLY suffixes.  In each of these sections, there's an object named CPickupDiamond.  The hexadecimal value with a hash of 8ACA6BE0 is the number of diamonds.  Here's an example from the tutorial payment diamond briefcase.  The pickup value of 0A (hexadecimal for 10) is marked with a comment.
Spoiler

<object type="CPickupDiamond">
          <value name="hidHasAliasName" type="Bool">False</value>
          <value hash="C48BEE15" type="BinHex">01</value>
          <value hash="3DDE91B5" type="BinHex">00000000</value>
          <value hash="9BB2FE1D" type="BinHex">00</value>
          <value hash="B41FA94F" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</value>
          <value hash="22F0A675" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</value>
          <value hash="B3F80271" type="BinHex">01</value>
          <value hash="834F4280" type="BinHex">01</value>
          <value hash="5CFE93AD" type="BinHex">00</value>
          <value hash="59BA5C88" type="BinHex">00</value>
          <value hash="9BD0BE71" type="BinHex">00000000</value>
          <value hash="CA4E7031" type="BinHex">00</value>
          <value hash="8A8F53E2" type="BinHex">0000003F</value>
          <value hash="DCF83913" type="BinHex">9A99993F</value>
          <value hash="F22232C9" type="BinHex">00002040</value>
          <value hash="A4D3918E" type="BinHex">0000803F</value>
          <value hash="C1922EA0" type="BinHex">CDCCCC3F</value>
          <value hash="DCA39829" type="BinHex">C3F5C8BF</value>
          <value hash="DFBED5BE" type="BinHex">0000000000000000CDCCCC3D</value>
          <value hash="425E9473" type="BinHex">000000000000000000000000</value>
          <value hash="67DABA02" type="BinHex">01000000</value>
          <value hash="C281E914" type="BinHex">4272696566636173654469616D6F6E6473546F7053746174653100</value>
          <value hash="318EDAD0" type="BinHex">894B97DA</value>
          <value hash="63F89F1F" type="BinHex">6F70656E5F62726965666361736500</value>
          <value hash="FF029685" type="BinHex">9A2983DE</value>
          <value hash="7A0D8988" type="BinHex">70726F70732E50726F70732E4469616D6F6E6473336400</value>
          <value hash="310175C2" type="BinHex">01</value>
          <value hash="7E22C3EC" type="BinHex">000080BF</value>
          <value hash="8ACA6BE0" type="BinHex">0A</value> <!-- qty of diamonds -->
          <value hash="11D475CC" type="BinHex">0000A040</value>
          <value hash="C66E24C0" type="BinHex">0000803F</value>
        </object>
This can be used to change the pickup value of each type of briefcase.  You just need to copy 25_OA_MissionPickups.xml to your mymod/patch folder, and add it to the list in patch.xml.  You can then edit this file, and build your patch as normal.

PZ

Good find  :-X  Each modification of Far Cry 2 single player makes the game all the more enjoyable.

nexor

One of these days OWG is gonna be a force to be reckoned with, all these FC2 mods you guys find put together is almost like a complete new game         :-D      nice one Knightmare    :-X   

Binnatics

Indeed a nice find. And an even nicer idea to find the way to skip the desert-pass-out phenomena :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Knightmare, here's a kudo for the terrific contributions you've been making of late :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: alfie3007 on May 25, 2012, 09:02:03 AM
-- You have any idea on how to increase vehicles speed ?

Ohhh good question, and please... please  :) I want to speed like the AI can, or faster :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, it would be great to easily outrun the mercs, although it is fun inder the proper circumstances, to lead them right into a tree or rock  >:D

Art Blade

I would love to just speed around and get quicker from A to B. And I would try to do stunts of all sorts, including cliff-jumping  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Imagine a AT with rocket boosters............ :-D

Knightmare

Vehicle speed is probably somewhere in 40_vehicle.xml.  This section in each vehicles's definition is a likely candidate.  It's the only mention of speed besides the speedometer, and the only mention of acceleration/deceleration period.
Spoiler

<object type="CFCXAIComponent">
          <value name="hidHasAliasName" type="Bool">False</value>
          <value hash="2B928622" type="String">CVehicleAgent</value>
          <value name="Type" type="Hash">A42556AE</value>
          <object type="AIObject">
            <object type="CAgent">
              <value hash="24B313D8" type="String">::VehicleBrain/VehicleBrain</value>
              <value name="Brain" type="BinHex">D9C0D921</value>
              <value hash="071B548C" type="String">scripts\game\newbrains\vehiclebrain.ai.rml</value>
              <value name="aiwsBrainWorkspace" type="Hash">630B5E03</value>
            </object>
            <object type="CGameAgent">
              <value name="bIsScripted" type="Bool">False</value>
              <value name="fAccelerationsSlow" type="Float">0.75</value>
              <value name="fAccelerationsNormal" type="Float">1</value>
              <value name="fAccelerationsFast" type="Float">1.25</value>
              <value name="fDecelerationsSlow" type="Float">-1</value>
              <value name="fDecelerationsNormal" type="Float">-1.25</value>
              <value name="fDecelerationsFast" type="Float">-1.5</value>
              <value name="fSpeedsBabyStep" type="Float">0.5</value>
              <value name="fSpeedsWalk" type="Float">1</value>
              <value name="fSpeedsJog" type="Float">3</value>
              <value name="fSpeedsRun" type="Float">4</value>
              <value name="fSpeedsSprint" type="Float">5</value>
              <value name="fVariationBabyStep" type="Float">0</value>
              <value name="fVariationWalk" type="Float">0</value>
              <value name="fVariationJog" type="Float">0</value>
              <value name="fVariationRun" type="Float">0</value>
              <value name="fVariationSprint" type="Float">0</value>
            </object>
            <object type="DensityManagement">
              <value name="bNeverDelete" type="Bool">False</value>
              <value name="bLastToBeDeleted" type="Bool">False</value>
            </object>
            <object type="CVehicleAgent">
              <value hash="AB87A917" type="BinHex">00</value>
              <value hash="E8B7E055" type="BinHex">0000F041</value>
            </object>
          </object>
        </object>

I also looked in 10_GhostPatrols.xml and decoded the section that sets the vehicle and passenger types.  Here's the one for the assasination target that rides around in a jeep.  I haven't yet found any variable names in Dunia.dll that look like a fit.
Spoiler

<object hash="C292BFA5">
        <value hash="27D0A9BA" type="String">vehicle.Land.JeepLiberty</value>
        <value hash="5C91004B" type="BinHex">FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF</value>
        <value hash="BC35D67A" type="Vector3">
          <x>-1.5</x>
          <y>-4.5</y>
          <z>0</z>
        </value>
        <value hash="8038E923" type="Vector3">
          <x>1.5</x>
          <y>4.5</y>
          <z>3</z>
        </value>       
        <value hash="A01A877D" type="Bool">True</value>
        <value hash="3637FDE4" type="Bool">False</value>
        <value hash="67AA6B0B" type="Float">8</value>
        <value hash="645EC272" type="Bool">False</value>
        <object hash="AC0A8D5A">
          <object hash="B91E6A7E">
            <value hash="4071905F" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Blue_Faction.Assault_Caucasian</value>
          </object>
          <object hash="B91E6A7E">
            <value hash="4071905F" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Blue_Faction.Assault_Caucasian</value>
          </object>
          <object hash="B91E6A7E">
            <value hash="4071905F" type="String">enemy_archetypes.Missions.Assassination_Target</value>
          </object>
          <object hash="B91E6A7E">
            <value hash="4071905F" type="Bool">False</value>
          </object>
        </object>
      </object>
I'm thinking it might be doable to change the empty convoy truck to the variant with the nitrous tanks by editing this section for GhostPatrols.Convoy.ConvoyTarget.

PZ

Art Blade

I haven't played FC2 in quite a while so I am not exactly very well informed. However, I recall one strange phenomenon: Mercs who see you from far away manage to pull up to your bumper within seconds, no matter how fast you are and how far away they are. So the mercs (AI) must have a hidden "option" to boost their rides significantly.

I want that option  :-()

OWGKID

Max value seems to be 10 ???? Cannot go further up :-\\ But then, 10 diamonds is better than one or 0  :-()
LEGACY

PZ

True, but you can always change the purchase cost of items to something lower to compensate.

I was never all that fond of collecting diamonds, so I changed the cost of everything in the inventory to 1 diamond each, and made everything available from the beginning.  After all, how often have you gone into a store and had to wait until you accomplished an inane task in order to be able to purchase something.  :-()

OWGKID

Nah, I INCREASED them  :-D ;) >:D Max mission payouts seems to be "99" diamonds and assassinations "199" diamonds ???? I sat the assassination reward to "198", faction missions to "99" in both districts and I couldn't go further  ^-^ I have 2400 diamonds now :-D :-D >:D >:D Btw, moon gravity and player speed set at "32" made exploring much quicker and less time consuming  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

I just hope that you don't run into problems with more diamonds than the game intended you to have. I once cheated a good start sum and the game freaked out when I started to collect diamonds and went over a certain amount. I know I posted a warning in the cheats topic of fc2.

PZ

Evidently the Rockefellers have no place in war torn Africa  8-X

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on March 18, 2015, 10:11:48 AM
I just hope that you don't run into problems with more diamonds than the game intended you to have. I once cheated a good start sum and the game freaked out when I started to collect diamonds and went over a certain amount. I know I posted a warning in the cheats topic of fc2.

Could be that the game didn't liked how you cheated in diamonds with a hex editor  ;)
LEGACY

fragger

Quote from: PZ on March 18, 2015, 07:46:39 AM
I was never all that fond of collecting diamonds...

Funny how different folks have different strokes. When I played FC2 I used to enjoy scrounging all the diamond cases right off the bat. They were the first things I went for. I would go all around the northern map getting all the cases before doing any missions - and that would involve some hairy fights in places like Mokuba, totally unmodded, with nothing but a pistol or a golden AK on me, let me tell you -  then I'd do the same thing when I went south :-D

OWGKID

I did the same as you, but I used scavenged and rusty weapons  :angel: :laugh: :D and golden AK's most of the time. Now, with my 2.1 version of my mod, it is much funnier to scavenge stuff >:D :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Indeed; I recall the stories you guys wrote when collecting them to completion.  :-X

My lack of collecting them all likely stems from the fact that I have never completed a game to 100% - just don't have the ambition, I guess  :-\\

OWGKID

Diamonds doesn't count towards 100%, but it awards players with an achievement/throphy on the PS3 and Xbox 360  ;)
LEGACY

PZ

Well, my personal definition of playing to 100% is achieving everything, including the trophies.  ;)

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳